Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

First pictures!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Johnpenxa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnpenxa » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:24 pm

Johnny TBKS wrote: I do believe that they were not only the first company, but still the ONLY company to use mark cloth in the manner that they do...which is why they are the most bomber kite on the market.
I've seen it added on the North proto's buzing around the gorge.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:53 pm

Hey John
Thanks for the support. I wasn't really trying to bust anyone's balls, just pointing out a few observations. If you really want to see innovation, and who is first to do what, just wait until the '04 SS get found out about.
Johnpenxa wrote:
Johnny TBKS wrote: I do believe that they were not only the first company, but still the ONLY company to use mark cloth in the manner that they do...which is why they are the most bomber kite on the market.
ABSOLUTELY! I think that they might be calling it Snake Skin or something like that....one of the ones that comes to mind when I mentioned some coming up wit their own and giving it their own names. Can't really blame them(North) though. The stuff works and it works great. That's the way the kite business works too...one company finds something that works or that they like, patent it if applicable, and then trade their "innovations" with the competition for the competitions innovations. Is why we so most of the best features on so many kites. It makes me laugh every time I see someone here talking about others stealing or copying others innovations. It's business boys! And that's how the boys are running this business.

Now that we have pics of this board, nice high res pics(thank you very much), you can see what I was saying about the use of the Texalium cloth. While the stuff does help a lil with strength I guess, it's more or less used for looks. If you were to remove it from the board, you'd be left with a shitty brown colored board(you'd be seeing the Divinicell core)....add it to the board and you get this sweet looking SOB!

Turns out that it is going to be a limited edition thing too. It mainly for the hardcore Slingshot riders/fans. They are for this summer only. They are also available right now...not in 2 months like someone mentioned somewhere in this thread.

As soon as we get a breeze here, I will take mine out for a spin and I will tell you all about it.

Pea's Out!
Johnny

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:09 pm

Texalium is probably only used for looks. Last year Olli from http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de already made some customs with them, and as I recall, he said the properties were about the same as glass I think. But he thought it just looked cool and it does :)

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:41 am

Johnny TBKS wrote:Hey John
Thanks for the support. I wasn't really trying to bust anyone's balls, just pointing out a few observations. If you really want to see innovation, and who is first to do what, just wait until the '04 SS get found out about.
Johnpenxa wrote:
ABSOLUTELY! I think that they might be calling it Snake Skin or something like that....one of the ones that comes to mind when I mentioned some coming up wit their own and giving it their own names. Can't really blame them(North) though. The stuff works and it works great. That's the way the kite business works too...one company finds something that works or that they like, patent it if applicable, and then trade their "innovations" with the competition for the competitions innovations. Is why we so most of the best features on so many kites. It makes me laugh every time I see someone here talking about others stealing or copying others innovations. It's business boys! And that's how the boys are running this business.

Now that we have pics of this board, nice high res pics(thank you very much), you can see what I was saying about the use of the Texalium cloth. While the stuff does help a lil with strength I guess, it's more or less used for looks. If you were to remove it from the board, you'd be left with a shitty brown colored board(you'd be seeing the Divinicell core)....add it to the board and you get this sweet looking SOB!

Turns out that it is going to be a limited edition thing too. It mainly for the hardcore Slingshot riders/fans. They are for this summer only. They are also available right now...not in 2 months like someone mentioned somewhere in this thread.

As soon as we get a breeze here, I will take mine out for a spin and I will tell you all about it.

Pea's Out!
Johnny
Hi Johhny
I get a big laugh out of all the people who have "my Brand is best " tattooed inside their head, too, which includes out there technobabble from "tech reps". One of the SS reps was spouting all this taxalium is da bomb stuff about strength, torsional flex, etc, last week now it is rather quite.
While I think Slingshot are the most agressive and innovative marketers at the moment I see them doing a lot of things that people react badly to, and I wonder if they are shooting themselves in the foot with the over the top technobabble, kindy team behaviour and features for the sake of features kite construction?

If the texalium was removed from the construction of the SS boards, it would have to be replaced by another resin impregnable cloth, and SS would never release a board unless it had flames or skulls on it would they? :bye:

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:53 am

if you wanna be correct and argue who had the stubbis first go back to to a post i made before i mad about the RRD blob (100cm) in i think in november.

i got blasted out of it by people saying it would never catch on and it wouldn't last long

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3272

so bollox to all those sheep who follow the market leaders, look at the real world and relise its the smaller companies who develop the products and the larger more financed ones that take the credit.

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:37 am

Well, if you really want to be honest, just tell that the innovations are done by amateurs, because the first board < 100 cm I have seen was made by Olli from http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de (that was before the RRD boards) As I remember he made it because he had some leftovers, and thought : well maybe in 8 Bft we could try it, but it worked very much earlier to his surprise....

Robert
Frequent Poster

Postby Robert » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:16 am

Return to “Kitesurfing”