Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hydro Vs. Aero II

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hydro Vs. Aero II

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:27 am

What it's the best choice between these kites ?

anthonyd
Frequent Poster
Gear: North Kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby anthonyd » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:19 am

I'd say the best choice for both would be blue! They both look wicked in blue :lol:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:40 am

anthonyd wrote:I'd say the best choice for both would be blue! They both look wicked in blue :lol:
Correct - both are good kites, and you can choose either with great results.

Differences are that the Hydro seems to be the fastest to relaunch, and might be the better choice if you are new to the sport.
You'll get success immediately with this one.

Whereas the AeroII might perform a tad better in the long run, but you'll struggle just a bit more in the beginning.

Otherwise in the same "league" - so you could also pick the colour you like instead :P

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:18 pm

The AERO II isn't really aimed at beginners. It's more of a "well behaved X2" or a waveriding wakestyle kite that also has handy airtime too. It's between an out and out jumping machine and a user friendly intermediate kite like the first AERO. I'd be more inclined to go for the first AERO as opposed to the AERO II if you are after user friendliness. User friendly kites still jump well too by the way. As for the Hydro... never used one but if people say they relaunch better than the A2 and are more suited to beginners than you are probably best off getting the Hydro. Ikinow a guys who kites around where I live... He's been kiting for a quite a long time but still uses med aspect kites. He can kite at beaches where guys with high AR kites won't go to due to the gusty conditions at the spots.

Pie
Medium Poster

Postby Pie » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:08 pm

I am a beginner and love my aeroII,
He is really easy to control, so I would go for the aero because you will have more fun with this one if you get better.

Good luck and a lot of fun.

Pie

5score
Medium Poster

Postby 5score » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:33 pm

I have a 12m AeroII and a 2002 Hydro 13 (17.8m flat). I don't know about the 2003 Hydro+. Between these two, the AeroII is a better made kite, with a more advanced design and a better bar system. It holds its foil shape better in lulls and is generally easier to keep in the air.

Despite the fact that the Hydro 13 is a big kite, I don't feel that it has that much more power than the 12m AeroII. The AeroII pulls like a truck, and due to its smaller size and higher AR, it's easier to generate power when you need it.

I've only had problems re-launching the AeroII in very light winds (8 mph or so).

Return to “Kitesurfing”