Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is a naish R3 9m2 usable for 90 kg person?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is a naish R3 9m2 usable for 90 kg person?

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:23 pm

Is a naish R3 9m2 usable for me ,90 kg dry weight.According to naish a 9 m2 2 liner have a estimated windrange to 10 - 20 knot /80 kg person, is that true.What is the windrange for a 90 kg person. What is the pros and cons for this kite and how god is it in four line setup, depower range.
Gunner

vaguelyswami
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby vaguelyswami » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:26 am

Hi Gunner,

My wife has a R3 9m I fly occasionally. I am 90kg, intermediate skills, Hana Crew xcalibur (140 x 43cm) board.

I think you would have difficulty in 10 knots at your weight. I am most comfortable with this kite at around 20 - 25 knots. It is a low aspect kite so upwind becomes quite difficult at lower wind speeds. Unless you ride a huge board this kite will be of little use to you below around 16 or 17 knots and probably wont be much fun until 20+. This of course is all very subjective, depending on your abilities and board selection.

As for four line - makes a huge difference. I four lined the kite this spring and was very pleased with the results. The kite seems to turn twice as fast and upwind improved considerably. Depower range is good, better than my 16m Rhino 2 (that doesn't say much), but I have yet to be overpowered on this kite.

Pros/Cons - Easy relaunch in two or four line mode, fairly slow makes for easy learning but less performance as you progress. Durable - I've trained half a dozen people on this kite and it held up well so far. ect...

I assume from the nature of your post you are looking for your first kite. If you include the wind speed you expect to be riding in and the type/size of board you expect to be riding you will probably get a more useable response. Eg. thumbs up or down.

Good Luck, have fun!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”