Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Takoon skoop II/ wipika AMP size 14: are they durable kites?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Takoon skoop II/ wipika AMP size 14: are they durable kites?

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:11 pm

I heard rumors about Skoop II and wipika amp. They could still have some problems with durability, especially for bladders , it's true?

And their perfomances? somebody tried both of them?

Thanks.

Amadeus

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kjelleren » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:50 pm

I have 3 Skoop 2 kites. The construction looks good to me (I am not a kite construction expert). I did have a leak in one strut. Fixed it with the provided kit. I have definately had these kites out in a powered up mode. Never dropped them on land. Only a rare drop in water. I have no experience with these in real waves, but am of the opinion that no kite is going to make it through the ringer unless yo are just lucky. What I care about is great performance and reasonable durability. So far I am very pleased with all aspects of performance. No durability issues. I di plant my 17 in a tree. It survived with a couple of small tears in the canopy. I was very pleased, cause it piled into the tree at t pretty good speed. It was also hard to pull out.

flashboarder
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

takoon durability

Postby flashboarder » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:12 am

Hi!
I own two skoops 2 and have been owning previously the skoop 1 and didn't have any problem with these kites.
I have been self launching on sand where there is a lot of sharp shelves but didn't not have any issue...
Takoon has been working hard to reduce the weight of their kites and I think the succeeded quite well.
The takoon 2 are made out of a new fabric that they claim being 5 times stronger than a "standard" one.
So my opinion about these kites is: perfect and no problem about durability at all if you are able to control a minimum the kite.
Of course if you smash it on the ground and slide it too much on the beach, then you might get some problems :(

Return to “Kitesurfing”