Kiting in Perpignan

Forum for kitesurfers
Nick1
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting in Perpignan

Postby Nick1 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:56 pm

I'm off to Perpignan (South of France) for a week towards the end of September and have a few questions.

1) I have only got space for 1 kite. What sort of winds should i expect? Will it be totally windless or will i get some decent sea breezes kicking in in the afternoon? So..... should i take my 16m (20 flat) or 11.5m (14 flat) kites? Or even something smaller?

2) Are there any particularly good/popular spots to kitesurf in the Perpignan region?

Any advice would be cool
Cheers
Nick

Daniel Blomqvist
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Leucate

Postby Daniel Blomqvist » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:18 pm

Nick,

I'm not a local, but I'm going there myself the first week of September.

Regarding your second question: YES, Leucate. It's seems to be one of the best spots in France. They hold comps there. For more info about French spots (in French):

http://membres.lycos.fr/frenchspots/

Have fun,

Daniel
---------
Don't Care - Go Psycho

jj
Rare Poster

La Franqui

Postby jj » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:39 pm

Hey,

I've just discovered La Franqui (near Leucate) as what I would describe as a kitesurf area model. Usually when finding a great spot you keep it to yourself but in this case its worth discussion... Wide open sandy beach with a dedicated kitesurf area covering about a km of the beach. wind usually blows offshore but you pay 10EUR for a jetski ride who'll come and re-launch your kite or pick you up so you have peace of mind. plus no hassle from other water users or dangers to people on the beach. Perfect...

Return to “Kitesurfing”