Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Windy Sydney

Forum for kitesurfers
Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Windy Sydney

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:42 pm

It got to approx 75 Knots in Sydney area yesterday, it was awesome to see what muvver can dish up!! Mini tornadoes sucking up water several meters into the air, could hardly stand still out in it watching.
Two windsurfers tried to have a go, one lost his rig completely, the other got blown from outside my shop to Kurnell, dragged his lucky tired body from the water, and then a gust grabbed his board and rig and threw in a few hundred meters over trees and stuff, don't know whther he got his back either.
I used to think windsurfers could handle anything we would get in Sydney, not anymore!
Trees down everywhere, it looks like a cyclone has been through this morning!
So glad I convinced a couple of newbie buggiers to give it a miss, they had a 2M quadline foil, would have killed them.
I have buggied in 45 knots with a 2M, did approx 90kph, all afternoon down at Torquay in Vic one Sunday arvo, several years ago, awesome experience.

decay
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Muizenburg, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Ruakaka River Mouth
Style: ALL
Gear: Stuff I design
Brand Affiliation: Lacuna CTO

Postby decay » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:35 am

The same system is currently lining New Zealand up - meant to have calmed a little crossing the Tasman - might make for some good riding in NZ for the next few days.

Dave Kay

Return to “Kitesurfing”