Forum for kitesurfers
sabao
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kitesurf store on New York

Postby sabao » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:12 pm

where can i find a kitesurf store in Manhatan ? or at new york?

tks,

:bye:

Kaito
Frequent Poster
Style: Surf, freeride & freeslide
Gear: Kites: Powered
Boards: Surf & homegrown
strapless kite surfboards

Postby Kaito » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:22 pm

randykato
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Cabrinha. Lieuwe, Carved

Postby randykato » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm

LOL! that's funny, and a little cruel if sabao doesn't know the geography in NY. NY state is 50% bigger than his entire country, and myers is all the way at the opposite end (and it's about 0 degrees farenheit there right now).

there are other options, but nothing really in - or even very close to - manhattan. in manhattan you *might* find one or two items (a board or maybe a trainer kite) at paragon, a huge sporting goods store, or nypd (new york pipe dreams), a surf/skate shop.

to really have something to browse through you would need to travel at least a couple hours by car (though not the 8 or more hours it would take to get up to myers). i believe there's a shop in new jersey, but i don't remember the name. i do remember it's a way down the coast from ny.

there are a couple shops out in the hamptons (~2.5 hours from manhattan out at the end of long island), main beach is a good one in wainscott, ny. ask for luke and he'll take care of you. the other one is windsurfing hamptons, but they're not always open this time of year so you may need to contact them first to make sure.

good luck!

Jersey Joe
Medium Poster

Postby Jersey Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:24 pm

Terry is the shop owner in LBI...good guy...variety of goods...

http://www.islandsurf-sail.com/

Return to “Kitesurfing”