Forum for kitesurfers
bigair
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting in Grenada

Postby bigair » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:02 pm

Has anybody kited or heard anything about kiting in Grenada?If so what are the conditions like and where is it best ?

bigbamboo
Medium Poster

Kiting in Grenada

Postby bigbamboo » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:13 pm

Big Air, I live in Grenada, and am one of the 2 kiters here. As for conditions,...well not crowded! We usually have 15-22 knots this time of year, but it has been really light lately. The best spots are at the north and south coasts. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

bigair
Rare Poster

grenada

Postby bigair » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:21 am

Thanks for the response.

Good to hear there is kiting in grenada, been looking all over the net for information on kiting in grenada and have come up with 0.

I am moving to Grenada at the end of March, taking over the management of the Rex Grenadian. Was getting worried as to why there was no information any where about kiting. Are you involved in the surf shop in st. Georges ? If so will catch up with you when I get there.

What Kite sizes are best , Have a x3 12 and 10. Will that do ?

Brett

bigair
Rare Poster

grenada

Postby bigair » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:21 am

Thanks for the response.

Good to hear there is kiting in grenada, been looking all over the net for information on kiting in grenada and have come up with 0.

I am moving to Grenada at the end of March, taking over the management of the Rex Grenadian. Was getting worried as to why there was no information any where about kiting. Are you involved in the surf shop in st. Georges ? If so will catch up with you when I get there.

What Kite sizes are best , Have a x3 12 and 10. Will that do ?

Brett

bigbamboo
Medium Poster

Postby bigbamboo » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:45 pm

Hi Brett, I am Involved in the Surf Shop in Grenada, I own it. We sell Ocean Rodeo, Caution, and Liquid Force. I just became an IKO instructor, and have worked out an arrangement with Ruth and Andrew at the Scuba shop at the Rex to use their dingy for some training off shore.

I used to Teach diving at The Rex 4 years ago before opening the surf shop. The reason you haven't found anything about kiteboarding is that I STILL haven't gotten off my ass and gotten a website together... too much playing.
The wind at the Rex is usually cross off shore, and fluky and gusty due to the hotel, and hills near the beach, but it cleans up a bit off shore, and launching from a boat 500m off shore should be a possibility.
As for kite sizes. I'd say pretty much all you can afford. In summer the winds are 5-15 knots, and in winter, 12-25, but it is really all over the place all year. So what's that? 9-16, and 20m? I've got kites in stock at great prices if you are so inclined :wink:
It will be great to have another person to sail with!! anything else I can help with, please e-mail me at bigbamboo@caribsurf.com

Derek

Return to “Kitesurfing”