2004 Liquid Force Drop 130!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
lutchi
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lutchi » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:59 am

to much channels yes but is those channels and the dual concave that permit with the ocker and size of the board to plane much earlier than the others with the same syse, the rocker and channels also permit to you go with bigger kites an give huges jumps, I've already saw someone :o with a 17,8 when others are with 13 and 14 you can catch much more wind with this beauty it's not a easy board but if you still have some doubts check this movie

http://www.1cps.net/vicar_photo/video/trailer.wmv

and yes is a MLF 120 it didn't appear so eavy for this guy, :thumb:

Djizasse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Djizasse » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:13 am

mikeysfl wrote:I did not like the MLF. Too much rocker, and too heavy. I ride boots, and with these boots, the board was heavy as hell. It also has too many channels. I would not recommend this board. THere are a lot better boards out there,.....especially in the 120cm range.
Each rider has its own opinion, I strongly recomend this board, as long as you have 2 kites and you're not a beginner. The board is small and so it won't let you ride as soon as a bigger board, but when you're powered, it is an all different game, the board is lively and it is a load of fun, it's so easy to pop that sometimes I just keep poping again and again in the shop, I love it :thumb:
As for its weight, it's true, the board is heavy, but then again, it will only show its weight if you want to make some board off tricks and prefer lighter boards, as a matter of fact, this board must weight less than a naish mutant and you can see some riders pulling insane board-off tricks, the say that they prefer a board to be heavier so that the wind doesn't pull it. From another perspective, i would place my bets on this board regarding durability against a ligher board. For me, this board doesn't feel heavy in the water.
The most positive aspect about this board is the smooth feeling, the ride is smooth even in the shop, you just have to learn to edge it right, in the beginning I would edge it too much and make a lot of back foot pressure, this helps you to handle the gusts without too much trouble, but now I've learned to use all it's edge and i can go upwind much better, the ride in the shop is also much easier once you start to ride with the board with more rail in the water.
Finally, the price... it's much cheaper than the other "much better boards".

And based on all of this I just wrote I can say that I recomend this board, at least try it, it might become your favourite board, it shure is for me.

Djizasse

Ps - You see mikeysfl, to (not) recomend something you must at least know what you're talking about, you can't ride an afternoon with a board and make an opinion about it. I'm prone to believe that you just rode this board for a while and didn't get to know it, otherwise you would not say that the rocker is too big and that it has too many channels. You just got one thing right, the board is heavy, but that is only one small part of the whole story.

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:08 pm

I rode this board for 6 months. I had it with the best boots. The board is thick, heavy, and slow. It allowed me to jump, it allowed me to loop, and I even learned how to do a handle pass with this board. The board rode nice while I was on it. Ever since that I got the best 124, I realized how much this board sucks. If you are planning on riding straight down wind, then I would say that the channels and the concave and the V that the board has helps, but since you mostly ride your edge when you kite, I do not see why all the bullshit with all the channels is necessary. The board is a wakeboard. It is clearly not a kite board. Try it behind a boat and you will like it, but try it behind a kite, and the board sucks. Just my opinion. I made the mistake of buying this board also, and while I rode it I liked it, but, for all you living in darkness.....I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

Best_of_Worst
Rare Poster

Postby Best_of_Worst » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:33 pm

ha ha ......... you provided the "best" word

we all know that everything is Best and all the others are Worst comparing with the Best, typical.

Stop spamming

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lutchi » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:37 pm

for what I can see you didn´t view the movie just go there and view and tell what you saw in the film.

off course you are relating your experience, and it seems it was a bad experience but like Djizasse said this board it's not for beginners :wink: maybe you aren't at the level that the board needs to ride well.

But nevertheless it's your opinion bad or not it's your opinion, but far for I can tell the board it's eavy but it rocks

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:49 pm

the board was good while I had it. Ask Andy Hurdman what he thinks of that board. He rode it with footstraps and would tell me at the time that he rode it that he liked it. Ask him today and you will have a complete different opinion of this board. But, for those that ride this board, and think my opinion is that of an unexperienced kiter; Enjoy your stiff, thick, banana rocker, Heavy, multi channel board. From now on, everytime you look at this board, you will think of me. You will be wondering.....why is this board so heavy? Are all those channels necessary? Why so much rocker? Should I buy a boat to accompany this board instead of kite?

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:01 pm

lutchi.....ask that same guy that you see in that video what he now thinks of that board. The video just shows that Andy rides good, but has nothing to do with the board.

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lutchi » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:27 am

yes it just like that few months ago he would tell you wonders of te board and know it's just crap ??? Guess ---- is riding for Best know what would you think he will tell yuo that LF boards are better then Best Boards ...pleaaaseee ...

but don't worry I wil remember you

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:31 am

Dude, just kidding.....I love the board. THe rocker makes it pop better, the rails enable you to dig deeper into the water, the heaviness makes you more horizontal when looping the kite, and the name sais it all. The MILF....even though they forgot to include the I. Anyway, I liked the board because I ride boots, but I would always feel that the board was heavy, especially when trying to do a handle pass, or just by carrying it. This is a wakeboard that you are riding with footstraps, or bindings, but it will always be a wakeboard. I bought the board cause it looked badass, but became disapointed only after I tried my new board. I realized that weight does make a difference with both board and kite. Lighter is better WITH ALL WINDSPORTS.

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lutchi » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:45 am

ok ok ok I was kiding also :thumb:

And what about the drop 130 :o

Return to “Kitesurfing”