Dakine Nitrous Shorts

Forum for kitesurfers
bob10
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bob10 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:19 pm

yep.super comfy.it was the nutter above that persuaded me to buy the, :)

now can he persuade me to buy a slingy spreader bar: :thumb:

tharvey
Rare Poster

Postby tharvey » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:20 am

I've been riding a Nitrous hard for the last 2 months. The shorts are definately a little too thin, and there is a strap adjustment buckle that wears a hole in the butt of the pants. I like to have padding, so I ride with a pair of devil-skin pants underneath them.

I'm riding it with the pivot bar and I really love the harness + pivot bar. Your center of gravity is about 2 inches lower than a waist harness making spins and loops a lot more comfortable and easy. The only downside I have found is that I have a more difficult time grabbing the handle of my board for board offs. If your weary of seat harnesses because they 'pinch' I have had no issues at all with this. I have tried seat harnesses in the past and none were comfortable. This one is! I give it a 8 out of 10 (would be higher if the durability of the short material was better).

Personally, I hope they make a version of these that are more like the bump-n-jump devil-skin pants.

Tim

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:17 am

Did anybody find that they gave you a wegie (turned into a G-string)? I tried a Fusion seat harness the other day, and I found that the straps kept going up my ass... So I was curious if the straps inside of the shorts went up anybody's ass?

tharvey
Rare Poster

Postby tharvey » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:43 am

Ichorne wrote:Did anybody find that they gave you a wegie (turned into a G-string)? I tried a Fusion seat harness the other day, and I found that the straps kept going up my ass... So I was curious if the straps inside of the shorts went up anybody's ass?
No, they don't. I've heard the same about the Fusion but I've not tried it myself. I've had this problem with other older seat harnesses as well. The Nitrous has fairly big padded straps so they never seem to feel uncomfortable. There is an adjustment to change the tension between the straps as well (holds the straps together) which you can use to give you a more positive feel if you want (For me I ride it with this adjustment tight which makes it feel like I'm sitting in a seat when coming down from a jump).

Tim

Return to “Kitesurfing”