Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Hookipa
Style: Big Air
Gear: EH kiteboarding 100%
Brand Affiliation: EH Kiteboarding

good looks

Postby 5thliner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:44 am

it makes me think of a potato chip b....
Attachments
potatochips.jpg
potatochips.jpg (239.32 KiB) Viewed 2560 times

5thliner
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Hookipa
Style: Big Air
Gear: EH kiteboarding 100%
Brand Affiliation: EH Kiteboarding

Postby 5thliner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:48 am

was it only the silver material ?
Attachments
notonlysilver.jpg
notonlysilver.jpg (183.24 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

Matt Snowdon
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: WrinkleFish in PKRA

Postby Matt Snowdon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:45 pm

5thliner wrote:Hmmm,....
you tell me...
this kite can not be old...
is this going to last...
You bet its gonna last. Did you feel the material.
Those tips seem f****n bomb proof in my books.
I love it
Not to long now :thumb:

Goodwinds
Matt Snowdon
http://www.kitepower.com.au

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:48 pm

Hmmmn It looks like my ARX did when i sent it back to Naish to have it replace.

Looks like shit in what ever colour

Dohh!

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Re: WrinkleFish in PKRA

Postby vietkiter » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:24 pm

5thliner wrote: this kite can not be old...
Is this kiteboarding or a fashion show?

While certain issues are still being debated... the clear consensus is that HF is lighter, more responsive and quicker turning than anything else out there... so performance for the "old wrinkle kite" is there... but I guess it must also matches your neon speedo, right?

From a customer/pro perspective, performance is everything... everything else is secondary and a compromise/marketing gimmick

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mark van haze » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:51 pm

well it was best that came with the flashy chrome color. If THAT wasnt to attract attention and suit your fashion needs then what was it?
You pay up to 2000 dollars in advance for a kite and then it backstalls, badly relaunches, folds in half or explodes in the sun and on top of that the oh so shiny kite looks like wrinkled kitkat wrapper after being used for a while.
Look, vietkiter, better than telling everybody the looks of your kite are not important (yeah right) just say its a prototype - it will be changed for the final version of the kite.
If you gotta spin things around, do it the smart way.

jahmaze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jahmaze » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:00 pm

.. by pure coicidence, is it possible that laminates may, sometimes, delaminate ?

eskimo
Rare Poster

Eric Herts.

Postby eskimo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:39 pm

5th liner; we all know that you are Erik Hertssens just being yourself as usual.

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:27 pm

mark van haze wrote: Look, vietkiter, better than telling everybody the looks of your kite are not important (yeah right) just say its a prototype - it will be changed for the final version of the kite.
If you gotta spin things around, do it the smart way.
The silver looks good in the air... I like the silver... I am disappointed it is not available... but hopefully it will make a comeback...

It's not my job to "spin things"... that G-ball...

I am responding to this thread and your comment for what it is... agenda filled smearing... your response smells of emotionally driven skepticism...

At this point very few people know what the final product will be like... but most people are interested to have a try at it... an a lot people to put down money to prove it... that's their choice... and I say that's as real as it gets instead of all the hypes/testimonials/bashing that follows every rehashed product in this sport

Perhaps Best pushed the envelop with various configurations too far... too thin LE, different materials, bladder pressure, etc. but that's what prototypes are for... even if all you criticisms are true... the HF proto has demonstrated great potential... Best knows the existing configuration is a superior jumper with super responsiveness... I like to think these are two of the most important aspects and often criticized characteristics of existing kites... and perenial promises from various manufacturers that have come to naught...

So there you have it... Best hypes on one extreme... Emotional/competitors biased critics on the other... both trying to distort reality and the balanced truth that most regular customers need to make decisions.

Perhaps G-ball got ahead of himself with the obsolete kite thing... but HF is not a fraud... and like all kite products... it will be improved upon time and generations... clearly plenty of people think it's good enough already... why, because they are unhappy with there existing gear... and if you think that these customers a dillusional... they got this way by listening to the perennial promises of big brands trying to induce customers to buy new kites... G-ball simply playing the same game...

Like I said, I could care less if HF is a success as long as it's a catalyst for everyone to really try to push the envelope and deliver a superior product... there is more risk in that for both manufacturers and customers... but to me this is much better than manufacturers taking no risk and try to convince customers a one pump, a 5th line, a semi working relaunch system, flex tips, etc. and other gimmicks as sufficient reational to upgrade kites... what's the upside there for customers for taking the $2000 risk?

And as to G-ball hypes... they are all exagerated for sure... but Best also established itself as a global brand, delivered on the Yarga and Nemies, build a retail network, achieved great customer satisfaction... these were the impossible hurdles that the industry laughed at Shannon & co a year ago... what happened to Lou's kite... what happened to F-One and Wipika... it's not easy at all... so it's NOT unreasonable to think that Best will figure the issues you have mentioned yet retain the responsiveness and speed... certainly seems like less of a challenge than rehashing a Seamik... but who knows... North was successful brinking the fifthline back as an "innovation"... with retro auto design in vogue... Cabrinha/Takoon may see value in such marketing techniques

There are already a wealth of real information on HF... more so than any product out there... if this is not a positive for customers and their decision... certainly it's preferrable to the "controlled" reviews that we typically get from kite magazines that are scare to death of losing ad $$$

Let me know which part of my canvas was painted incorrectly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”