Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shell Bay, Fife
Favorite Beaches: Vallay Strand, North Uist
Gear: Flexifoil Ions and Airush Protoy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dawson74 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Thinking that getting a lesson would probably be the best way to go........unfortunately these tend to be expensive and the winds here can be unpredictable to say the least

re.my bindings......will check tonight to see if I can change them in any way. The only time they've felt halfway decent is when I've worn neoprene socks,as opposed to the billabong booties I usually wear

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 pm

If the pads are wrong you may feel bumps under your feet where they should not be, or your feet overhanging the edge of the pad.

If the straps are wrong you will feel them digging in to one side or the other of your feet (switch side to side) or into the top of your feet (switch heel to toe). Or if they are just too tight, that's obvious.,..

Most people find lessons helpful too, good idea. :thumb:

Talamos
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Talamos » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Dawson,

i have a few hundred hours XP with flysurfers.

As i remember from my early days, the problem was, that i got too fast often when the wind picked up. Then i couldn't hold the edge any more, especcially if there is a lot of chop.

When riding low wind slightly underpowered, you need to be fast in order to keep going.
Or you have to struggle even to get enough speed.

When the wind picks up, you have to be careful NOT to become too fast. Do this with depowering the kite and braking with the board (edging hard, weight on back leg, full weight into the harness/kite).
Don't fly the kite too low, between 10.30 to 11.30 is fine.

If you have enough wind (beeing well powered to overpowered) you can go upwind with a Flysurfer even beeing as slow as walking speed...

Maybe that helps,
Daniel

Return to “Kitesurfing”