Hi Kitevan,kitevan wrote: I have seen too many bad and dangerous launches in my years of kiting. We practice the following launch method which has been flawless EVERY time. Let me know your thoughts.
1. pick up only the chicken loop in one hand. do not grab the bar, just hold the chicken loop.
2. have your experienced launcher grab your kite and you should be heading to the edge of the window at the same time
3. when you are both at the edge of the window you are still only holding the chicken loop in your hand (do not grab the bar).
4. now there is no tension on the lines so your launcher has an easy time holding the kite. in the event that something goes wrong you simply let go of the chicken loop.
5. when all lines look to be clear and all is a go, simply attach chicken loop and safety and give thumbs up to launch.
i have seen too many times people hooking in before someone even picks up the kite. then i see that while they are walking to the edge of the window they have the bar sheeted all the way in. as the launcher gets near the edge of the window they are literally fighting the kite. this is never good.
Good points, good practice.ALGOR wrote: .. so use the leash on a flagout system.
KiteschoolHolland wrote: Being leashed on 1 fronline in strong wind results usually in too much movement and power to handle.
Anytime the wind is blowing Over 20mph and i signal for a landing --melipell wrote:Here's a tip from a beginner...
In ANY conditions, when you are helping catch a LE kite on land, NEVER grab the trailing edge... always grab by the leading edge.
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], tilmann and 23 guests