Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Re: Who has actually flown a big bow

Postby Xtream » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:55 am

Lem Wrote:
How much difference does a door make over a regular 130s board?
The Spleene 54 door has made a major difference my largest kite is a 12 Windwing Batwing with the Spleene 54 Door This combination has added many days of fun that would not be possible with just a 130 board. You need a few sessions to get real comfortable with the Spleene door but once you do it really feels much smaller. Toeside, jumping and landing jumps is really a pleasure.
Even when the wind picks up you can really edge out the power. I have started on this board in 10mph and been out when the wind picked up to 20 and still having fun. I really think if you want to squeeze out the most days you need 2 boards 130 and door 154 its too much of a trade off to try and maxamize one board. For the conditions I use the Spleene its simple magic.
Now I just need that magic 130-135 size?

X

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Who has actually flown a big bow

Postby Dr_Rosen » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:23 am

I weigh 210 lbs and just got myself a Spleene Session. Didn't try it yet though. Talked to the dealer and he recommended the Session over the Door159 for my purposes. I said I didn't just wanna go back and forth, but also jumps, backrolls, kiteloops etc. He said the Door was primarily for the races, while the Session was the one for me. I hope he is right. You guys seem glad for your Doors. I ride RRD HT2 15m as my biggest kite and have no plans of going bigger. Before I rode Era 14m as that was bif enough for everything.
Anyone compared the Session to the small Door in lighter winds?

Anyway for those interested. I live in Denmark and a friend of mine has his Waroo 20m for sale at a good price. It hasn't flown much. So if you live in Europe this could be an option for a cheap Waroo 20. I am not sure if it is a 2006 or 2007.

Return to “Kitesurfing”