Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ABoards Beautiful Kite Girl Contest: vote now!

Forum for kitesurfers

ABoards Beautiful Kite Girl Contest: vote now!

Poll ended at Thu May 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Kristine
4%
Caroline
1%
Liiva
2%
Alina
4%
Marina
4%
Viktorija
6%
Federike
16%
Dulcineia
4%
Vita
1%
Sasha
6%
Liis
1%
Cecile
3%
Martine
1%
Mika
5%
Tessa
2%
Maria
4%
Emilie
0%
Jevgenija
0%
Jane
1%
Elena
0%
Aiste
4%
Kristina
3%
Bianca
2%
Saskia
1%
Estrella
12%
Amorn
2%
Amber
9%

Total votes: 407

Mc Kite
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ABoards Beautiful Kite Girl Contest: vote now!

Postby Mc Kite » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:08 am

Who on earth choose the final shots for this competition? WTF. You are running a traditional beauty competition and NOT one that promotes our sport and US real women who get out there and do it. You choose bikini shots over picutes on the water....?????

It is clear that a number of women who entered this competition cannot even kitesurf. they just are looking (understandably) for a way out of poverty. but come on. kitesurfers break the mould and are progressive, we dont accept things the way they have always been...so how can we be comfortable with voting for former USSR blondes who dont kite but look nice in a bikini?

I am a REAL kite girl. . ... I was really interested in following the competion and wanted to vote until I saw that this is nothing but tits and arse. - the ones with the biggest and nicest win, right? shame on you :argue: what you have done is not only promote tits and arse over our sport but you have also totally excluded us real kite girls who are on the forum from voting.. . . .we care about female ambassadors for our sport and I see only a few genuine ambassadors in this group.

Yours, a kite girl who does not fit your traditional image of beauty but rips on the water and wants our community to recognise ripping over tits and arse (aka dr. evil)

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:48 am

Mc Kite wrote:Who on earth choose the final shots for this competition? WTF. You are running a traditional beauty competition and NOT one that promotes our sport and US real women who get out there and do it. You choose bikini shots over picutes on the water....?????

It is clear that a number of women who entered this competition cannot even kitesurf. they just are looking (understandably) for a way out of poverty. but come on. kitesurfers break the mould and are progressive, we dont accept things the way they have always been...so how can we be comfortable with voting for former USSR blondes who dont kite but look nice in a bikini?

I am a REAL kite girl. . ... I was really interested in following the competion and wanted to vote until I saw that this is nothing but tits and arse. - the ones with the biggest and nicest win, right? shame on you :argue: what you have done is not only promote tits and arse over our sport but you have also totally excluded us real kite girls who are on the forum from voting.. . . .we care about female ambassadors for our sport and I see only a few genuine ambassadors in this group.

Yours, a kite girl who does not fit your traditional image of beauty but rips on the water and wants our community to recognise ripping over tits and arse (aka dr. evil)
thats my second vote ! thanks for your bravo soul !

Galeorn
Medium Poster

Postby Galeorn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:16 am

Lol you're very angry!! In fact you're right but anyone can change the contest...The girl who 'll win will be the girl who knows a lot o riders on this forum :-?

Good luck everybody!

Kite Kasia
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Irish West Coast,
Gear: North Evo 2011: 6m, 9m,
North Evo 2010: 12m
Nobile 666 - Womens edition 126/38
Cyclone Kitesurf board
Nobile Skimboard

Postby Kite Kasia » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 am

I'm also very surprised to see how little votes goes to Kristina - she had the best kitesurfing photos showing she is passionate about the sport and she can rip!!! She seems to be young and skilled rider! She is also very pretty girl, but her final shot above is rather poor... My 2 cent.
(BTW - I do not know Kristina!)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am

there is also the link to the original posting where all pictures can be seen!

The is not about the best kiting shot, but a contest for a girl who people think is nice and kites.
Therefore also the fashion award.

The headline of the contest also shows what the contest is looking for.

So everyone can look up ALL pictures and then decide, weather they want to give their vote to beauty or ripping.

But for sure in the future we gonna have a best girl action shot...I will start to look for sponsors for this contest.

JasonKB
Rare Poster
Local Beach: any Dutch spots
Style: Unique
Gear: Anything that will pull me.

Postby JasonKB » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Toby wrote:*snip
But for sure in the future we gonna have a best girl action shot...I will start to look for sponsors for this contest.
Do yourself a favour and define the "action shot" before you begin the contest, I'm sure that it could be interpreted in various ways, not that I mind any such interpretations :)

Mc Kite
Rare Poster

Postby Mc Kite » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi Toby,

Its fine for an element of beauty to be included in the selection but if this competition is about like you say girls that "kite" and are nice you should disqualify all of the girls who entered who DO NOT kite. There are a few girls who entered this competition who do not kite.
You should NOT allow them to be in the list of final girls and your final, shots mislead us because we cannot see who can kite and who cannot. Ok there are links to the other information, but lets face it which of you guys will actually go and study that and find out if they kite or not...

adrianna
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Baltic Sea, Skulte, Jurmala
Favorite Beaches: It would be cool to go to the Tarifa, Soma Bay, Rodos....
Style: freeride
Gear: North Vegas

Postby adrianna » Thu May 01, 2008 12:00 pm

:P hey c'mon!!!!! Latvia da BEST!!!! yesterday was opened this year season!!!! cool!!! :) a little bit cold but it is so funny!!!
guys relax and go chill out!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

wiktuk
Rare Poster

Postby wiktuk » Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 pm

In Lithuania, the sesaon was opened 1 month ago! :) :) :) It was really cold.... but very good! :P

adrianna
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Baltic Sea, Skulte, Jurmala
Favorite Beaches: It would be cool to go to the Tarifa, Soma Bay, Rodos....
Style: freeride
Gear: North Vegas

Postby adrianna » Fri May 02, 2008 8:48 am

wiktuk wrote:In Lithuania, the sesaon was opened 1 month ago! :) :) :) It was really cold.... but very good! :P
actually it was open only for me :thumb: but for guys it wasn't closed at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”