Slingshot Turbo 3 Review

Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 am

I have not ridden both, but I own the 7M T3 and rode it in the waves for the first time last week. Loved it. Predictable, stable, quick, fun to downloop.

Can you demo? That'd be your best bet. If you want high end more than range, go for the REV. If you want high end and a wider range...go for the T3. If the rest of your quiver is SLE or C, get the REV. If you're going all bow....you see where I'm going. :) Tough decision, though. I hear ya. Both great kites.

PhysioRol
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PhysioRol » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks todd.

i currently ride a 9m link and am thinking of trading that for a 7m (T3 or Rev) and an 11m Rev2 when they are out.

I am trying to tee up a demo

loopingz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier (France)
Favorite Beaches: Espiguette, Beauduc (france)
Shippagan (Canada)
Gaspesie (Canada)
Style: Fluid, wave riding cruising, simple tric
Gear: XBow 9m2
Slingshot Fuse 2008
Custom boards too
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby loopingz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Anyone can compare that to the Cabrinha Crossbow? I know these wings in 9 and 12, 2007 and 2008. That is the kind of kite I am looking for.

sweisburd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 92 kg
Local Beach: Rosario, Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Rosario, Melincué, Pinamar, Punta del Este, Cariló.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivot 9 & Naish Dash 12. Naish Monarch 142- Naish Hover 142 Jet foil Wing 1050

Postby sweisburd » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 pm

loopingz wrote:Anyone can compare that to the Cabrinha Crossbow? I know these wings in 9 and 12, 2007 and 2008. That is the kind of kite I am looking for.

Hi, I tried the Crossbow and I own T3.
I could tell you these things.

Construction: The T3 is bomber proof, while the Crossbows are fragile.
Speed: Similar
Hang time: T3 is unbeatable, Cabrinha has a very good hang time.
Stability: T3 is the most stable of the market.
Ease to use: I think Slingshot is simplier and more eficient than Cabrinha in bar design and security. The new bar of the Turbo Diesel is very safe, and user friendly.
Other: The warranty service and riderhotline of Slingshot is unbeatable.

I ´m not biased, but I have to recognized that Slingshot is in my opinion the best kite factory in the world.

Hope will help you.
Santiago

loopingz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier (France)
Favorite Beaches: Espiguette, Beauduc (france)
Shippagan (Canada)
Gaspesie (Canada)
Style: Fluid, wave riding cruising, simple tric
Gear: XBow 9m2
Slingshot Fuse 2008
Custom boards too

Postby loopingz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:34 am

Thanks, sure it helps. Just some more infos, are they good on the low range wind? I have been told the 11 is one of the best size. I am 80 kg, looking for something starting around 14-15kt using a big and fast board to 30kt using a small board. I have a good level but dont like complicated tricks and I hate being unhooked. This wing seems to suit for me...

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 pm

loopingz wrote:Thanks, sure it helps. Just some more infos, are they good on the low range wind? I have been told the 11 is one of the best size. I am 80 kg, looking for something starting around 14-15kt using a big and fast board to 30kt using a small board. I have a good level but dont like complicated tricks and I hate being unhooked. This wing seems to suit for me...
I am your weight and could ride my 11M in 14-15 kts with a big fast board...a couple more knots (high teens) and I'd happily be on my standard board. For light wind (10-14) it was rideable, but I really needed a bigger kite and would be on my 14M.

However, since that time I have found that the T3s slowed down on me too much when I trimmed them in. I have switched to the REV2s and love them! That said, I have yet to fly an LEI with a comprable low end and ease of relaunch to what the T3 has. I think the wing will suit you fine. Also the CSS safety is simple and works great!

Naz80
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sevastopol, Ukraine
Favorite Beaches: Donuzlav and Olenenvka Ukraine
Gear: Slingshot Turbo 3

Postby Naz80 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi All,
I just bought Turbo 3 11m. I am 165 lbs. I was wondering if there is any chance to ride and possibly to go upwind on this kite using a board Spleene Door 164 at winds around 10-12 knotes. Slingshot says the low range for this kite is around 14-15 knotes. Wonder if the lightwind board going to add anything at all to the low end?
Many thanks

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Dunno. Going to have to go out there and try it.

For me, I wouldn't put my T3 14M up unless it was blowing 12mph, which was enough to stay upwind on my lightwind board. I'm 180lbs.

12 knots it about 14mph....so maybe you can hold wind on your 11M with a big ass board. Let us know.

dizzyhytes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: None. I tried kiting in Vietnam once.
Favorite Beaches: Mui Ne
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby dizzyhytes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi, I just started kiting and would like to buy my own gear as it makes sense if I am going to keep going. Looking around for something reasonable but good for beginners and saw the Slingshot 2008 Turbo Diesel 3 which is really cheap.

I have only learnt on Cabrinha Switchblades which were easy to depower. Am still not very confident so would like an easy-to-depower and relatively simple bow kite. Also, I am just 5 ft 2 and 100 pounds so it gets a little scary.

I don't understand technical terms about kiting so please bear with me. Appreciate any advice on whether this kite might be suitable. Would look at a 7m kite. I was riding on a 6m and 8m Switchblade when I started in 15 knots or less.

Thanks
Dizzy

DanDanTheFlyingMan
Medium Poster

Postby DanDanTheFlyingMan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 am

T3 would be perfect.

Go the 9m if your only looking to get a 1 kite quiver

Return to “Kitesurfing”