Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Sport + more barpressure = what kite?

forum for kitesurfers

jort
Rare Poster

Ozone Sport + more barpressure = what kite?

Postby jort » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi,

I'm kiting with my Ozone Sport 9m2 for a year now, really like the kite, but I just can't enjoy the light barpressure. I've always flown Fuels, and have a Raven 06 12 right now, which I really like. Can do anything I want in the air, always feel where it is... With the Sport I don't get enough response of the kite... at least not enough response as I would like to have.

So I'm looking for another 9m2 kite that fly's like the Sport (lot's of depower, easy jumping, nice floats) but with lot's of barpressure! Don't really need a very fast kite, I'm more like the oldschool big air, rotations and boardoffs...

What's the kite I'm looking for? Is there any? Or do all those hybrid / bow kites have this light barpressure?

Thnx!

naishkiter10882
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: napeague, ny
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Sport + more barpressure = what kite?

Postby naishkiter10882 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 pm

the edge has more bar pressure and its more of an old school kite.. you might like it

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:22 pm

You can fix this by getting rid off the back line adjusters and making knots. Those adjusters are there for beginners and are a mistake by the way. What happens they slip and make back lines too long. Once you find the sweet spot which is lines pulled to the max at the adjusters make a knot and leave it like that. Still it will be less then some other brands but at least you will know where the kite is at all times.

paulie
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby paulie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:49 pm

I had Ozone Sport and i have to agree the bar pressure is awful. So light you cant feel the kite, I dunno why it has to be so light. I'm not some weak ass old man!!

Panchanto (cant remember the exact spelling) on here has a mod that increases the bar pressure by sewing on a new attachment point for the front lines slightly higher up. Gives more depower too.

I got rid of the Ozones and went back to North Vegas's, they always build in fat bar pressure. If you want a 5 line SLE with some bar feel then look at the North Rebel. It fit's your bill pretty much perfectly.

jort
Rare Poster

Postby jort » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 pm

paulie wrote:I had Ozone Sport and i have to agree the bar pressure is awful. So light you cant feel the kite, I dunno why it has to be so light. I'm not some weak ass old man!!

Panchanto (cant remember the exact spelling) on here has a mod that increases the bar pressure by sewing on a new attachment point for the front lines slightly higher up. Gives more depower too.

I got rid of the Ozones and went back to North Vegas's, they always build in fat bar pressure. If you want a 5 line SLE with some bar feel then look at the North Rebel. It fit's your bill pretty much perfectly.
Yeah I wanna test the Rebel, and I think the Takoon Furia is a nice kite as well... but dunno about that barpressure... Is the windrange of the Rebel as big as the Ozone Sports?

Litewave Dave
Frequent Poster

Postby Litewave Dave » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Hey Jort,

The GK-Trix 9m is a hybrid between a C and a bow. It is medium A/R and has a bit of bar pressure, but you can adjust the bar pressure to your liking with the A-KPO system. Check it out on www.globekites.com. Go to the A-KPO link next to the hot-babe's elbow, and then click on Trix A-KPO. This is my favorite kite. I fly the Trix in 9m, 12m, 15m and weigh about 95Kg. Nice thing too is that it has the simplest bridle out there....short and won't wrap in waves.

I am the USA distributor, so give a 'pm' if you would like me to answer any questions or hook-you-up on a good deal.

-Dave
Attachments
LW_mike3small.jpg
Trix 9m, one-eye Maurtitus

paulie
Frequent Poster

Postby paulie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 pm

jort wrote: Yeah I wanna test the Rebel, and I think the Takoon Furia is a nice kite as well... but dunno about that barpressure... Is the windrange of the Rebel as big as the Ozone Sports?
9m Rebel will go from around 15kts to around 35kts. I was over powered on 9m Instinct at over 30kts. So yes pretty much the same range.

sourra
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Reflex 141 + Naish Torch/Cult/Momentum/Custom + Bluebottle Custom

Postby sourra » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Has GK abandoned that horrible quickrelease that has trouble written all over it?

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Very easy....
Ozone Instinct Light II 9m
More bar pressure and almost same performance of the Sport, maybe a bit less hang time and high in jumps, but more stability and much much better in waves.
Open the back "V" and connect your back line only to the attachment point near the TE.
Faster, more direct feel and a bit more bar pressure.
And you save $$$$$$.
Bye Jankie

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm

If you want to keep your Sport just do the mod:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2348942&hilit=+panchito

Works like a charm.

Return to “Kitesurfing”