Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

LF - Havoc lll or HiFi ????

Forum for kitesurfers
Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: LF - Havoc lll or HiFi ????

Postby Dr_Rosen » Fri May 22, 2009 7:55 pm

islandstylen wrote:....I dont do kiteloops but have been told that the hifi loops better. ....
Why not? Are you just 100% wakestyler ?

Anyway I see people lighter than the original poster around here riding the Hifi 15m regularly. From that it could indicate that low end is not its force ..... ?

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider
Been thanked: 0

Postby FckGravity » Fri May 22, 2009 8:07 pm

No that can just mean they want to ride more power for new school shit. Im 175ish and I'll stay on my 13m Hadlow when other guys that are heavier are on 10m or 9m kites so that I get more pop, power etc. A lot of people think they are riding a lot more powered up than they really are..

eightsmileys
Frequent Poster
Style: Strapless waveriding
Gear: Liquid Force

Postby eightsmileys » Fri May 22, 2009 9:50 pm

How does the havoc feel for waveriding?

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Sat May 23, 2009 11:30 am

go the hifi comp!
more tuning options, more stable faster, more range
i have used all this years lf kites and the comp is the one for freestyle and waves for me.
where the havoc may be better is onshore wave riding and low wind wakestyle as you can load it up more is less wind with the 12 otherwise the hifi comp is the boy! megaloops on the 7 are amazing :jump:

umh
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby umh » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks guys

LFjulie
Medium Poster

Postby LFjulie » Wed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Hello,
I ride the HIFI Comp, but have also ridden the HIFI and Havoc. For what you are looking for, I would say go for the Comp if you can, or the HIFI. Those 2 kites are made for freestyle, the comp is even more oriented towards wakestyle. The HIFI and comp are going to have a little more power than the Havoc, and they will have the same amount of depower. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Cheers, Juliehttp://www.juliesimsar.com

pbmaniac27
Frequent Poster

Postby pbmaniac27 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:41 pm

I tend to agree about the hi fi having poor low end (at least on the 08). Trimming the kite differently makes a huge difference but the kite really does need some wind to get going and its nice to hear its not just me.

however once it gets going the hi fi pops great, is not twitchy, and unhooks like a dream.

also agree about the comments about people riding with different amounts of power

Daesoo
Medium Poster

Postby Daesoo » Thu May 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi I also did ask about the HiFi considering buying it. I'm into wakestyle and freeride. I bought the HiFi 12m not so kong ago and really like it. As many other have mentioned the low end is not the best, but average. The kite is really stable and have good depower. The high end is great. Don't regret buying it. I alos considering buyong the 7 since I have Vegas 10 which I also like.

pbmaniac27
Frequent Poster

Postby pbmaniac27 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:31 am

average low end compared to what?

I love the kite but i find that it really suffers for low end. My buddy says the same thing about his original havoc, were those kites known to have poor low end.

my 07 15 fuel seems powerful for its size and its C shape. What kites have significantly worse low end in order to make the hi fi average.

I am just kind curious because sometimes i wonder whether i have rigged it wrong.

great in every other way though, do the 09s have better low end?

unclesam333
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sunset, Pismo, Sherman, Rooster, Lincoln City, Camas, Lucky Peak
Style: Freeride/Big air
Gear: Need 7m??
9m/12m AnswerII (Caution)
10m Octane (Slingshot)
14m HavocII (Liquid Force)
17.5m Machine (Slingshot) SOLD

Postby unclesam333 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 am

I don't know about the 12m hifi, but I do have a 7m hifi, 10m havoc2, 14m havoc2, and have flown a 9m hifi. Havocs definitely have way better low ends...especially the 10m havoc2 compared to the 9m hifi. I can get going in 14mph/steady and a 128 element with the 10m havoc2, I weigh 165lbs. I am not overly impressed by the low end of 14m havoc2, but I can stay up wind in 12mph/steady and a 5'9" fish. Obviously I really like the 10m and am on the fence with the 14m because it doesn't give me that much low end, except that I am pretty lit once it gets up to 15mph/steady on the 14m.

All that being said the 7m hifi is my favorite kite ever...magic handling and great pop, and decent hang time, not twitchy at all...super steady. I also loved the 9m, but don't have as much time on it. I have considered getting all hifis, but the difference in range has made me want 2 kite quivers, a set of havocs for range and a set of hifis when the wind is at least 18mph/steady for the 12m hifi, 23mph for 9m and 28mph for 7m hifi. If I could have the handling of the hifis with the range of the havocs...perfection. Havocs have great handling, but definitely different than a traditional C-kite. Hifis really are the incarnation of the perfect Ckite hybrid...love the relaunch of hifis too. Both great kites, just feel different in your hands, can't really go wrong with either though.

my post is a little convoluted, and my sticky keyboard makes it impossible to type anything, but if anything I said needs clarifying...just ask.

Return to “Kitesurfing”