Kiteboarding Equipment - Tortola BVI

Forum for kitesurfers
ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboarding Equipment - Tortola BVI

Postby ryansurf1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Going to Tortola BVI in a few days. Plan to surf but wanted to kite if / where possible.

I have a 'Golf' bag for my gear, but American Airline / Eagle restrictions say 'no surfboards or kite boards', period. While i am confident i could get the 'Golf' bag thru there will be a minimum charge of $300 and maybe $400. That is too steep for maybe no kiting.

Is there anywhere / anybody that would rent TT kiteboard in Tortola? I checked the three surf shops already.

Bstevs
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Long Island
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: Airush vapor III 12,10m, Airush FS pro132 board, 2010 Cab Custom140/Ronix Ones
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Re: Kiteboarding Equipment - Tortola BVI

Postby Bstevs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Dude stop worrying so much. The golf bag works for sure. I travel a lot and have never been charged. If your that worried throw a few cheap golf clubs on top of the gear.

emmandkev
Medium Poster

Postby emmandkev » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

ryansurf1: Check your PMs

Drizzle

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm

There's a problem with boards? Last time flying into Beef Island, Tortola with American, I carried two boards, including 7.5 ft. and 6 ft. directionals in a single board bag. Didn't have any problems, then again, it was in 2000. You are smart to try to figure out a plan B. Try to get in touch with Rusty for some ideas on a rental source for tt, http://www.windsurfing.vi/KiteboardingGuide.pdf or these folks at the far eastern end of Virgin Gorda at the Bitter End, http://www.caribkiteboarding.com/ Hope you get some nice Xmas wind to go with.

Maxkiter
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Maxkiter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:45 am

Has anyone tried using FedEx or UPS....I have some buddys that used to FedEx their surfboards to Hawaii then just pick them up when they got there....not sure how much it was, but they liked that their gear was there and confirmed before they got there. Have fun in BVI.....Rick

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ryansurf1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 am

thanks guys....

Return to “Kitesurfing”