Ocean Rodeo Predator

Forum for kitesurfers
gbleck
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Predator

Postby gbleck » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 pm

The part I like is the breathable internal dry suit actualy works. The dry layer is in intimate contact with your wicking undergarment so the water actualy wicks out not just half assed. The ankle zips are a nice touch as are the calf drains and the gripy wrist cufs. The cufs on the outside layer hold down nice and tight on your gloves on the outside with the inside seal under the inside of the gloves.

klukkluk
Rare Poster

Postby klukkluk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 am

Rasmus Nygaard wrote:Why cant i by this suit in Denmark? I need it, i want it and i wanna pay for it, but i cant by it. Please OR, get a danish distributor. if onthing else, contact me, and i will do the job.
If Denmark is a Euro country then you can order anything on Ocean Rodeo's online store I think.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 pm

If you need help let us know
We can get any OR gear to you at the best prices.
They make great items!
Very Innovative!

www.PBKiteboaridng.com

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 am

I got a chance to try one of these on, and this is not like any drysuit I've ever seen before.
The inner dry core has the soft feel of fabric inside, I think you could wear nothing inside this suit and be comfortable. I think a thin fleece layer is all you'll need...the OR 1-piece fleece is perfecto for this suit IMO. The .5mm outer layer is a lot tougher than I was expecting, and having the suspenders outside of the drycore is a big plus too.
OR really took their time getting this suit dialed in for us riders, and the attention to detail really shows. Kiting this winter is going to awesome! 8)

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:00 pm

gbleck wrote:The part I like is the breathable internal dry suit actualy works. The dry layer is in intimate contact with your wicking undergarment so the water actualy wicks out not just half assed. The ankle zips are a nice touch as are the calf drains and the gripy wrist cufs. The cufs on the outside layer hold down nice and tight on your gloves on the outside with the inside seal under the inside of the gloves.
Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm currently using an O'Neil drysuit which I haven't had a lot of complaints with, except that it is pretty much good for one long session or two short ones. After that, the suit is wet inside from both perspiration that can't get out and water seeping in the ankles due to board spray. It isn't a huge problem due to the wicking base layers they have now, but I'm still wet and will get cold if I stand around too long. But when I'm done my legs are usually damp up to the knees as are my lower arms.

How dry do you *really* stay after a long session? No bullshit...I'd love some feedback from non-OR people who have ridden with the suit.

Thank you!!! I eyed this suit up for purchase last winter but found it was unavailable after OR's big marketing pitch on the new suit, which was odd.

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbleck » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Got a few decent length sessions in and some good tumbles through the waves without booties on this weekend. Got around say 1/2 oz of water in the right leg but that may have been from the bandaid on my right ankle not allowing the cuff to seal. If it works on my skinny little frame (140lb by 6'0") then anyone with a normal BMI should be just fine. The inside of the dry core is nice and smooth.

Cvaradero
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varadero Town
Pond Road beach NL, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
Pond Road Beach, NL, Canada,
Style: Wake-style/Freestyle/Surf
Gear: OR

Postby Cvaradero » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Guys,

I literally had a session with my work clothes on, I stayed dry the entire time, it wasn't a surprise, my buddy does it all the time so i was no worry at all. I did tricks unhooked, all kind of falls and water-splash/face plants, results: no water inside at all, wasn't wearing booties and my feet were cold, that why i finished the session after 1hour more less.

Cheers
Ch

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Okay, now a question FOR an Ocean Rodeo rep.

What sizing is available?

I see some websites listing ...M, MT, L, LT, XXL, etc...
And others just list 4 sizes for the Predator. XXS/XS, S/M, L/XL, XXL/XXXL

I wear a large tall, but often go for the XL to get the length needed on arms/legs. I don't like the extra bagginess, but that's the way it goes. I understand that with the outer skin it'll suck up most of the extra dry suit core material, but, still didn't know how much bagginess there would be.

Thanks!

Minnow
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Galway, Ireland
Favorite Beaches: Dooks, Kerry, Ireland. Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. Sunset Beach, Oahu. Nobbies Beach, NSW. The Lagoons, Fuerteventura.
Style: doggie
Gear: F-One Swing 5mtr. Mako King
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Minnow » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Got mine this week.
Both drycore and skin are XL
I am 5' 11", 198lbs (90kgs), I have 36 waist, 44 chest and 49 around the shoulders.
The XL drycore has plenty of room and fits nicely. The skin goes on ok but feels a little tight.
I am going to try the XXL skin before I decide. A little more room might be nice.
The skin is very strong so I doubt if it would loosen with wear.
The whole setup is very well made.
OR's sizing chart is here.
http://oceanrodeo.com/drysuits/surfdry#tprod_sizes

flyrob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Toronto Islands, Oliphant, Lake Simcoe Canada
Favorite Beaches: OBX, Tampa Bay, El Yaque and Coche Island, Venezuela, Tarifa, Spain
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo and Naish
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo Tech Team Rider

Postby flyrob » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:47 am

PBKiteboarding wrote:If you need help let us know
We can get any OR gear to you at the best prices.
They make great items!
Very Innovative!

www.PBKiteboaridng.com
You should have sold Thanos an Ocean Rodeo drysuit instead.

He came in today after his second session in the GUL suit you sold him and he was soaking wet. Both perspiration and a leak somewhere on the right side. He is not happy. thought that his suit was leaking. He is a beginner so I explained how drysuits contain perspiration and it condenses inside. He asked why suits weren't more breathable. I told him Ocean Rodeo suits are.

I told him you are good with aftersales service and you make sure that your customers end up happy with doing business with you.

By the way, you were shredding it today at Hanlan's! You're a great rider.

Return to “Kitesurfing”