Gunnar Biniasch hiding - Why?

forum for kitesurfers

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Ozone, Axis, Moses, Zeeko, Firewire, SBS
Brand Affiliation: Foiling Basics, The Boardroom Fuerteventura, Ozone, Axiskiteboarding,Schwerelosigkite, Triggernaut,

Re: Gunnar Biniasch hiding - Why?

Postby gmb13 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Windrider wrote:I begin to think some of you folks have no sense of humor. Most likely, PMU's post is intended to be funny. He's not accusing Gunnar of hiding anything or having anything to hide. He's simply pointing out that most of the pictures he's seen of Gunnar show Gunnar wearing sun sunglasses, and making it an interesting observation with implied humor that something else going on. But, when you folks respond with the word "hater", it seems to indicate that you didn't catch his humor and responded defensively. Perhaps, this is just me... "Hater" is a very strong word and is used to indicate bona fide "hate" which is generally an irrationally extreme emotion of anger/dislike to the point that you want to actively harm the other person. "Hate" is the fuel for terrorist, serial shooters, etc. "Hate" is a strong thing. Perhaps the language is changing and "haters" has just become an Internet buzz word for dissing or whatever.... I haven't seen evidence of that outside of this forum though.

Anyways,..... I think you folks responded overly harshly to PMU in a thread where he didn't even once bring up LEI, foils and aerodynamic religions.....
Chill. It's all in good humor.

You have never heard of sunglasses being called "Hater Blockers"?

--
Gunnar

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Windrider: party correct...Gunnar rides for Flysurfer...so, it is against a foil rider! :roll:

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:51 pm

gmb13 wrote: Chill. It's all in good humor.

You have never heard of sunglasses being called "Hater Blockers"?

--
Gunnar
Cool! Never heard them called that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Funny, I didn't know you rode foils! PMU had a hidden barb? Joke's on me! Keep riding!

:cool2:

duloid
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas

Postby duloid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Windrider what are u talking about?? who does not have a sense of humor ... ?? alexrider?? or gmb13??

their replies are pretty funny .. specially the gunnar's .. about the 1 knot ... he made me laugh ..I didn't see funniest reply on clearly stupid post ... ..and if you think that PMU is funny .. ?? haha ... but I'm about to cry not laugh ...

peace brother ..

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 pm

You're right. his joke about,
Simple: My Sunglasses make my head more Aerodynamic and give me 1 knot more lowend
was a good one. Now, if he also wore one of those special Speedo swim suits, it might cut through the air quicker and contribute another 1/2 knot !

Sorry about the knee-jerk reaction to the use of the word "hater". I've just heard that one too much on this forum as a standard flame word without regard to the accuracy of its use. It's become an "accusative" word instead of a "descriptive" word. Gunnar cleared that up by explaining sunglasses are also know as "Hater Blockers", a term which I had never heard. And Toby properly recognized that I didn't know Gunnar rode foils.

We're good. I'm more educated now. Gunnar wins points for being a good guy in his response. Gunnar and Toby win recognition as folks who recognize when facts would help a misunderstanding without flaunting it in your face. And, PMU is re-recognized to be something of a troll by barbing his hooks targeted at a foil rider pro! Case solved! Ain't life interesting?

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB

Postby Feng » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Toby wrote:true loco...Gunnar is real, PMU is virtual...and a coward, otherwise he would go for the 10.000 USD battle. PMU = :girl:
:bye:
Can you extract PMU's IP addresses used by PMU to post messages ?
I am sure you have this information in the kiteforum logs.
We can gets it country of origine and working organisation or at least its ADSL provider.
To go further into his identification whitout legal interseption it is more difficult.
But with his IP address in real time (i.e. just after he post a message and while he is still connected tothe Internet) we may be able to do something if the firewall of his PC is not up to date.

duloid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas

Postby duloid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Windrider :thumb: :lol:

twah
Medium Poster

Postby twah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Feng wrote:
Toby wrote:true loco...Gunnar is real, PMU is virtual...and a coward, otherwise he would go for the 10.000 USD battle. PMU = :girl:
:bye:
Can you extract PMU's IP addresses used by PMU to post messages ?
I am sure you have this information in the kiteforum logs.
We can gets it country of origine and working organisation or at least its ADSL provider.
To go further into his identification whitout legal interseption it is more difficult.
But with his IP address in real time (i.e. just after he post a message and while he is still connected tothe Internet) we may be able to do something if the firewall of his PC is not up to date.
people that don't know how to hack just talk big shit but know f*** all what to do. if you actually knew then you would have done it already.

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB

Postby Feng » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 am

twah wrote:people that don't know how to hack just talk big shit but know f*** all what to do.
Well, it would not be very nice for Toby to hack kiteforum.
I just wanted to point out that from the server side it is very easy to know the geographical location of the people posting messages and if they connect throuth an ADSL provider or a throuth private cooporation. Well at least you know the first hope if they use a proxy.
Assuming they do not use a proxy, this information is valid during the time their PC is connected. After this it could be someone else and only the ISP knows at what time who was connect to what (so my comment on legal interseption).
But as long as they are connected, you may do through is they have a badly configured system. But I agree, this is a long shot. An easier way is to push into their web brouser some files that can attack some known weakness of the players. Again that would mean hacking into toby's forum (this is not nice).
twah wrote:if you actually knew then you would have done it already.
Well in some proferssions that require some specific certifications, you do not want to risk this just for the fun of it :-)

Anyway back to kite surfing. I have an old FS Speed 1 17 but I almost never used it because above 12 knots I can kite with a Cab 13 and a big board and under 12 knots I paraglide.
Unless you call a paraglider a Foil, I have an (ex expensive) FS foil which is completly useless to me. So somehow PMU is correct :jump:

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:14 am

Feng wrote: .......Anyway back to kite surfing. I have an old FS Speed 1 17 but I almost never used it because above 12 knots I can kite with a Cab 13 and a big board and under 12 knots I paraglide.
...I have an (ex expensive) FS foil which is completely useless to me. So somehow PMU :dumbo: is correct :jump:
What? :jump: :jump: :jump:
Are you saying PMU :dumbo: is correct just because you decide not to kite under 12 knots?
Who'd be correct if some other rider arbitrarily wouldn't want to ride above 12 knots?
I've got half a dozen LEI kites which are completely useless to me, in any winds. Following your logic, I could declare the foil religion the only true one.

Return to “Kitesurfing”