Postby BraCuru » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

This is the strapless riding with the same video footage but without crashes:

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Strapless foil !

Postby cglazier » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Very nice BraCuru. You make the gybe and tack look easy.

:wink: CG

holden
Medium Poster

Postby holden » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 am

nice video, bracuru! great conditions for a smooth foilboard ride. i started foilboarding one and a half years ago and i am totally into it by now. your crashes remind me of my first days...
i started with a ketos and just recently got a high ar foilboard. and as for the title of the post, yeah, strapless is the way to go!

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 pm

holden wrote:nice video, bracuru! great conditions for a smooth foilboard ride.
Thanks! You are right - some guys began to learn it at Baltic Sea in early spring time (cold water 2-4 degrees, a lot of chop, bad swell) and they needed much, much more time to master the first rides. Some of them were even close to give up. Fortunately the first fly rebuilt their low morale.

BTW: Moses promises to release their first racing foil. Check out on their new website:
http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/

BTW2: question to all racing riders. Do you use straps for racing? I have recently found that riding strapless might be a good option. More free space on a deck to find the best feet position.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 pm

BraCuru wrote:
Thanks! You are right - some guys began to learn it at Baltic Sea in early spring time (cold water 2-4 degrees, a lot of chop, bad swell) and they needed much, much more time to master the first rides. Some of them were even close to give up. Fortunately the first fly rebuilt their low morale.

BTW: Moses promises to release their first racing foil. Check out on their new website:

BTW2: question to all racing riders. Do you use straps for racing? I have recently found that riding strapless might be a good option. More free space on a deck to find the best feet position.
Yes, definitely strap(s) for racing, as many advantages in order to MAX performance.

The rear strap often not used, but the front is used, according to the "racers" here :thumb:

And I can not see any downsides, as you got more "hold" in any situation, and can still find the best foot position by means of the rear foot.

So a win-win solution :naughty:

:D Peter

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:And I can not see any downsides, as you got more "hold" in any situation, and can still find the best foot position by means of the rear foot.
Cheers! Till now I ride strapless but will need to built a board for racing with inserts too.
I have to try racing with strap(s) first.
So far I noticed that riding downwind I need to reduce a stance from 50ish to even 30cm to feel comfortable and to avoid a killing pain in a back foot.
Riding hard upwind my front foot closes to the edge and I found that the center strap position does not work so well.
Maybe I will need to fit two upwind and two downwind straps for my front leg. No strap for a back foot.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:34 pm

BraCuru wrote:

WOW !nearly 1000€ less than most other brands, that's what I want to see!!!

Good job!

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Tone wrote:WOW !nearly 1000€ less than most other brands, that's what I want to see!!!

Good job!
Looks like 1350€ on the website. Boards from MHL are $1850 (~1400€)

Does moses ship to the US?

holden
Medium Poster

Postby holden » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 am

one more advantage of straps that is important for racing: sometimes you crash but not too hard. with straps you can keep (or get) the board in position to get going again. with strapless almost every crash will make you swim to the board and reposition it manually.

spacemonkey
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

I ordered a foil from Moses last week,. 3 days later i received it. Great service , very nice people, and quality is top notch.

Still learning, but it's great fun. It really is like snowboarding in the lightest of puffy snow.

Tone wrote:
BraCuru wrote:

WOW !nearly 1000€ less than most other brands, that's what I want to see!!!

Good job!

Return to “Kitesurfing”