Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello guys,
This video is about us testing the new version of the Renegade "INFINITY v2" light wind machine. As you will see in this video we are using the INFINITY v2 in very light wind on a REEF 5'7" surf board in the ocean having fun in the waves. We also have a wind meter in our hands in order to show you the wind speed and also how easy the INFINITY V2 relaunches on the beach and in the waves. I hope you enjoy the video.
The INFINITY V2 will be available to the public December 2011.

INFINITY V2 (light wind machine)

VIMEO:

YOUTUB:

Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Re: Renegade "INFINITY V2" light wind machine.

Postby Pump me up » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Last edited by Pump me up on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: you are very funny Mr. "Pump me up". Obviously the problem with this picture that you post above is that it is two different photographs pasted on top of each other and you can see white caps on the back ground which means it is blowing at least 20 to 25 knots. It is totally different then the INFINITY v2 video that I just posted. Obviously you are not going to beleive until you try it. So don't take my word for it and give it a try if you get a chance. This will resolve all your problems you have. This is my email: dimitri@epickites.com

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby joriws » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

On the first video your directional wind meter is 90 degrees to the wind. Look the direction on which kite is at zenith (and reverse launched). Next time don't be so stoked and have a anemometer which can measure 360 degrees.

For example "Windtronic 2", "Skywatch Eole 1" or "Skywatch Meteos 1"....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Sorry "joriws" but from your posts I can see that you don't want to beleive in the performance of the INFINITY V2 in light wind and you are coming up with all these excuses for some reason. Once again you need to try the kite to beleive it. But in the mean time here's another video for you to enjoy.
:thumb:

INFINITY v2 (testing it with the OXYGEN board in flat water)

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby joriws » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I don't have problem believing that you can kite in some low wind.

I watched the first video again. Now I see that I was fooled by camera fish eye-lens optics. Based on tracks (reverse launch and some wind meter scenes) on the sand the wind meter is towards the wind. But if you look at the attached image at first glance it does not look like that. Kite is in zenith and meter seems to point other direction than kite.
winddir.jpg
winddir.jpg (61.44 KiB) Viewed 7167 times

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't have problem believing that you can kite in some low wind.
I watched the first video again. Now I see that I was fooled by camera fish eye-lens optics. Based on tracks (reverse launch and some wind meter scenes) on the sand the wind meter is towards the wind. But if you look at the attached image at first glance it does not look like that. Kite is in zenith and meter seems to point other direction than kite.
Yes in most of my videos I am using a FISH EYE LENS so you guys can see the entire view of the action so I don't get any complaints about the way I am holding the wind meter or the angle of the wind meter compare to the wind and kite, but some times the Fish Eye Lens will distort the image. (Trust me I don't need to lie. The kite talks for itself).
But you have to understand that I am trying to do the best I can in order to bring you a live report of the action and usually I am the one doing all these, such as holding the video in one hand while kiting and talking. Some times it is nice to have some one help by holding the Wind Meter.

P.S. Here is another video that shows you how it is a one man job. :thumb:

EPICKITES 3G intro.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board

Postby Balloonboy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Length of lines-22 or 25m?

Aside from better bottom end than the V1, how does it feel- turning jumping etc.?
How does the top end compare?

FWIW I found the V1's best range was 10-15 kts- any more or less wasn't much fun.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello "Balloonboy"
The INFINITY V2 will come with 22 meter lines plus in the bag you will have an extra set of 5 meter lines. So you can fly it with 22 meters like in this video or 27 meter lines.
The thing I really love about the INFINITY V1 is not only its power but also its stability, relaunch-ability and its turning speed. So it was a challenge for MOMI and I to make the new INFINITY V2 have more power then the V1 plus have better pop and better up wind capability and still be able to keep all these things such as (stability, easy relaunching, fast turning).
The result is what you see in this new INFINITY V2 video. We could not believe it once we tried it. It gain at least another 2 to 3 knots in lower end wind but also increased its higher end winds and never lost its turning speed or its stability or even its relaunch-ability. Look at the video and you will see how stable, how fast it pivots on itself and how fast and easy it relaunches on the beach or on the water. Also you will be amazed of its up wind capability plus the pop and hang time.
Don't take me wrong the INFINITY V1 is an amazing kite but the V2 is an upgrade.

Kitelifer
Rare Poster
Gear: Boards- Jimmy Lewis 6'1, OR Zen, Cab Cutom, Nobile NHP

Kites- Switchblades, RPMS, Nomads
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitelifer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 pm

are you staying UPWIND?(i can't tell) or just doing a downwinder. Being able to stay upwind is the most important thing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”