Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Do I want a North Nugget?

Forum for kitesurfers
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Do I want a North Nugget?

Postby Billy B. » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Flyboy wrote:
This comment indicates, some thing different then a nugget, this is what I am referring to. The nugget has a amazing low end compared to lots of surf boards including the SS celeratias I have ridden both off them and the nugget has a five plus knot lower end if you know how to ride fins, like a race board even more. The nugget is magic and it is not for everyone, but try one. Enjoy your cab race board it is a super fun shape! :bye:
First off: kudos for your restrained response to my childish provocation! :wink:

The Nugget would seem to be a perfect all around directional board for someone switching from TTs, but I still maintain it would be well served by having the additional inserts to allow it to be ridden with 3 straps, as that would enhance it's performance in light wind & as a bump & jump board.
Please ride the board you are talking about before you come back and talk about it more (again)the nugget doesn't need three straps it is double con caved. Is your custom made shape double con caved......I am currently banging my head against a wall wishing people rode the shit they are commenting about on line.....I have never ridden a board made by rrd so if a thread about rrd board came up any idea about who isn,t going to say shit about rrd product...yup it's me...go figure...

Three straps...most of us think any straps is too many...three is for sure over kill...

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am

How much more low end does the nugget get you compared to as an example the firewire 6.0 quadra or some similar board used with a 10m kite.

5 knots less wind required to get on a plane, etc ?

:argue:
Last edited by windsurfer-resurrection on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flyboy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 am

Is your custom made shape double con caved
Yes.

windfreak
Medium Poster

Postby windfreak » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi guys, this fall i tried the nugget ,i just loved-it ,could not get off that freaking board. it was a low wind day with a 12m kite,great for a smoooth strapless ride, i know some of you ride this board in high winds, how did it go :?: strap or strapless, in chops , big waves etc..thanks the freak :thumb:

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 pm

windfreak wrote:Hi guys, this fall i tried the nugget ,i just loved-it ,could not get off that freaking board. it was a low wind day with a 12m kite,great for a smoooth strapless ride, i know some of you ride this board in high winds, how did it go :?: strap or strapless, in chops , big waves etc..thanks the freak :thumb:
Rode it strapless with my 7m in 6-7 bft in really choppy conditions, still fun!

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 am

windfreak wrote:Hi guys, this fall i tried the nugget ,i just loved-it ,could not get off that freaking board. it was a low wind day with a 12m kite,great for a smoooth strapless ride, i know some of you ride this board in high winds, how did it go :?: strap or strapless, in chops , big waves etc..thanks the freak :thumb:
Strapless on 4.5 meter borrowed kite, lake kiting. 250 pound guy holding 6m roped all the way in down in the back ground. I couldn't hold my 6m rebel down so it was windy very windy gusting to 55+ knots on the beach wind meters... I had a blast on nugget!!! I also have ridden it in head to just over head surf and it was great, but I switched to a Wam when the surf got bigger, Strapless on both.
Attachments
Nugget and 4.5 m 2012 air.jpg

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 am

I'm disgusted - at 55 knots that water is flatter than our lake at 20 knots :(

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 am

Kamikuza wrote:I'm disgusted - at 55 knots that water is flatter than our lake at 20 knots :(
Really? This Lake is weird, The deepest point is 25 feet but the avarge depth is 13 feet so it has good swell, it was about 5 foot lake chop that day but that is as high as it gets This is shot from a point up wind it does look smaller then it was also. It will get to about 3 eet fast though and thats cool it can be 15m kite and 3 foot swell. I wish I lived were there was more chop then I could do bigger strapless airs!!!

here is the same spot on a 40+ day in 2008 on 7m you can see the spot and the chop size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8cH_fHZ ... ature=plcp

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 am

Ours still seems bigger :( Yesterday was 20-30 knots and the 'waves' were over chest-height at times, standing in the troughs.

The lake is very deep and long... onshore winds have a fair distance to drive the water before arriving on our beach - which is quite shallow.

The chop comes and goes with the wind though... occasionally, you can get out as the wind arrives - but not the waves. Usually I don't mind... so long as the waves are perpendicular to the wind. Had to ride directly out through waves which kinda sucked :D

windfreak
Medium Poster

Postby windfreak » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks guys,nice air billy , i will need a lot of practice in strapless [ that `s why i ordered the nugget ],but maybe not in 55 nots :o . After tricks, jumps,etc. the board still in good shape :?: thanks again,the freak :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”