Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Strutless kite in development on Maui

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Strutless kite in development on Maui

Postby tautologies » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:22 am

Videos like that makes me regretting selling my foil 3 years ago.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:02 pm

boardriding maui wrote:Aloha! Been a super long time since I've participated in any discussion here on the forum. Hope everyone has had an awesome start to 2015.

End of last year I was consumed by a life-changing infection. Hydrofoiling. If you haven't done it and want to preserve your current passions toward the water's surface I encourage you to keep a very safe distance from these infectious wings.

Here's a song in honor of my break-up with the water's surface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=natXW4BWTBg

Interesting that at 1:24 a couple of eddies left behind by the mast get air down them. This is another video of something similar. Its not a problem when it happens after the foil has moved on, but it does show how air can get down from the surface in spinning water.

The learning process is a very addictive one. It will be interesting to see how much of the hydrofoiling addiction is due to learning something new and how much to the uniqueness of the 'flying' sensation.

And the blog Greg is currently writing about his hydrofoiling and the relationship to kite characteristics is an interesting aspect to read about.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:13 pm

boardriding maui wrote:Aloha! Been a super long time since I've participated in any discussion here on the forum. Hope everyone has had an awesome start to 2015.

End of last year I was consumed by a life-changing infection. Hydrofoiling. If you haven't done it and want to preserve your current passions toward the water's surface I encourage you to keep a very safe distance from these infectious wings.

Here's a song in honor of my break-up with the water's surface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=natXW4BWTBg
This guy is having a Serious BLAST , with his Hydrofoil !!! :thumb:

Bille

Sorry for the bad resolution in this shot . :(
Attachments
Having a Serious BLAST !!!.bmp.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”