Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

shinn dundee 133 or North Jaime pro 133 ??

Forum for kitesurfers
pienie6
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride / oldskool
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

shinn dundee 133 or North Jaime pro 133 ??

Postby pienie6 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Choices choices,

I have a choice between the shinn dundee 133 (2012) or the North Jaime pro 133 (2012) but i can't make a decision , anyone tried these boards, glad to hear what you think of them, good in choppy water , good pop , quality of the pads./straps ? every information is usefull for me so i can make a good decision. i want to freeride and do high jumps with the board .

kind regards

Pienie6

KiteGuernsey
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Vazon, Pembroke, Grande Harve in Guernsey
Favorite Beaches: Paje Zanzibar
Style: Freeride/Wave
Gear: North EVO 2012, North Jaime 136 2012, North Skimfish 2012, ION, Xcel

Re: shinn dundee 133 or North Jaime pro 133 ??

Postby KiteGuernsey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm

I can only comment on the Jaime 136/41 as its the only board I own or have spent enough time on. I absolutely love it! I use it on flat water, choppy water, waves. Fairly loose in feel with the standard 4.6cm fins. I put some 5.3's on which progressed me alot quicker, and have now put the smaller ones back on and its way more fun. The board is super smooth but lively through any water, and it doesn't throw up much spray at all, very easy pop and buttery smooth landings. The flex in the tips lets you get away with all sorts, so you dont mind trying all sorts! I went with the combination of this board and the EVO's as they do exactly what they say on the tin 'super versatile'. Conditions at home can throw up anything and this setup seems to work pretty sweet in all but the most gusty and squally horrible wind.
Quick gauge of size, I'm 174cm 70kg I went for this size over the 133 purely to maximise the lower end as I have no interest in going larger that 12m on the kite, and recommended by local dealer who is a friend and awesome rider.

KiteGuernsey
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Vazon, Pembroke, Grande Harve in Guernsey
Favorite Beaches: Paje Zanzibar
Style: Freeride/Wave
Gear: North EVO 2012, North Jaime 136 2012, North Skimfish 2012, ION, Xcel

Postby KiteGuernsey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Forgot to mention!! NTT pads are just amazing, customisable and so comfortable. The ability to set the strap anchor points apart making them more secure on your feet is fantastic.

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)

Postby MikeBirt » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 am

The Jamie has a lot of ease and pop under light and medium load. It's plug and play - really easy to ride, does everything really well, and feels balanced. Good 50/50 weight distribution between front and rear feet.

The Dundee is similar - perhaps a little less drive in the very light conditions and not as much pop, but it is much better when you start loading it hard. The rougher, nastier the water state and more force you apply to your riding the more the Dundee will shine, the Jamie starts to complain... It also tends to have a bit more rider feedback than the Jamie.

That said the Dundee is a freeride board, and though some will say it had masses of POP I disagree, and if you are unhooking a lot I would suggest either a different shinn or the jamie. For everything else it's one of my favourite boards...

coyoteface
Medium Poster

Postby coyoteface » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I completely agree with MikeBirt. You can not go wrong with either board. Again the monk has less low end than the jaime but feels better at the top end. The only other thing i would add is the jamie feels a lot heavier, not a bad thing i guess, it feels bullet proof.

Return to “Kitesurfing”