Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caution Kites?

Postby Bushflyr » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Welcome to the world of Caution. :( They are alive and well. They make great kites, arguably the best wave kites on the market IMO. They're, unfortunately, too busy kiting and making great kites to actually deal with business. At this point you just need to either contact your local rep (if you have one) or order online from their web site. The kites will come, they will be great. But other than that they're out kiting.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:36 am

I have known about their laidback business model for quite some time . However, asking for basic price info and availability several times overl weeks or maybe even months, that's kind of out there. Bush, when was last time you bought a kite from them or tried to contract them? I want to do business but it's not easy.

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bushflyr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:44 am

LOL "laid back business model" is putting it kindly. They're a total PITA to deal with.

Last time we put in an order was about a year ago. A friend was a "distributor" a couple years back and finally got tired of dealing with them and quit. We needed a bunch of new kites last year and he emailed them and got a response so we put in an order for about a dozen kites and a few bars (at a mad discount) and they came really quickly. Quality was superb as always.

I'm really sorry, but I don't know what to tell you. I've always managed to get ahold of someone eventually, but they are really frustrating to deal with. OTOH, everyone that flies Caution here on the island pretty much won't fly anything else. The kites really are good. If you can't get in contact with anyone and decide to order something else the OR Razor is very comparable to the Spitfire. I have both and really can't tell much difference between the two.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:06 am

Okay thanks glad they treat everyone the same!

scottnorby
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 210
Local Beach: WASHINGTON
HOOD RIVER
OREGON COAST
PISMO BEACH
LA VENTANA
Favorite Beaches: Northern Oregon coast downwinders
Gear: SPACESTICK - Foilsurfer - Wingsurfer
SPACESTICK- 5’3 MICRO convertible surf foil
NAISH - 2020 jet foils
SLINGWING V2
Tomo- Hydroshort
CHANNEL ISLAND SURFBOARDS - 6'8 bandit
FERAL wetsuits
Neil Pryde Armorskin wetsuits

Postby scottnorby » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

I noticed the Caution site is still in 2016?
Anyone know if they are still producing?
I need to talk to them about a potential board collab.

Return to “Kitesurfing”