Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 am

Rocky Chatwell use to love the JUDGE kites. But now you see him only on the SCREAMER kites because he can do twice as much unhook tricks up in the air before landing on the water and that is because of the hang time the SCREAMER kites have, compare to the JUDGE or the RENEGADE kites. But again it's a matter of what you like and this is the reason why we came up with different kite models.
On another note these pictures are from people demoing the prototype SURF 8m (4G) kite, the SCREAMER 14/10 Ltd (4G) and the new 4G EPIC BAR yesterday afternoon during our Epic Demo in Nags Head.
Attachments
Kiters demoing the 4G prototypes.jpg
Testing the performance of the INFINITY in 12 to 18  knots over powered.jpg
Demoing the S10 ltd (4G) prototype.jpg
Testing the new 4G EPIC BAR.jpg
People testing the new CL 4G.jpg
The new 4G EPIC bar.jpg
The 4G EPIC CL .jpg
IMG_1825 2.jpg
Ball Stopper.jpg

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Wed May 08, 2013 12:25 pm

:o :o :o

:heartface: :heartface: :heartface:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Woah that "SURF" looks interesting!!

Very flat or is that just how it appears in the pic?

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu May 09, 2013 1:01 am

Dimitri M wrote:Rocky Chatwell use to love the JUDGE kites. But now you see him only on the SCREAMER kites because he can do twice as much unhook tricks up in the air before landing on the water and that is because of the hang time the SCREAMER kites have, compare to the JUDGE or the RENEGADE kites.
So maybe a bridle and some other tweakage will make the 4G Judge jump and hang like a Screamer, forgive gusty conditions like a Renegade, and turn like the 3G Judge does!!
One of the reasons that I really liked the 3G Screamer 10M Ltd better than 2010 & 2011 models, was because the shape was more C than the regular Screamers, it is less flat in the middle than the regular Screamers, and had the more squared off wingtips as well.
The 3G Screamer 10M Ltd turns like a Judge, but has a bridle, the only thing I did not think was perfect was the small LE and strut tubes.
That made the 3G S10M Ltd a bit soft and squishy, while the Judge is as solid as a rock.
The 3G Screamer 10M Ltd profile and canopy shape made it more forgiving in gusty winds than the regular Screamers...
....and it still jumps huuuuge!
Last edited by L0KI on Thu May 09, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Thu May 09, 2013 4:20 am

Yeah, they really nailed that screamer 10. Darn near as stable as the renegade, pulls well upwind and the jumps.... Love

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 am

By the way, I have 10m 3G LTD for sale - it is too much for my tennis elbow. Also selling 2011 Screamer 12m - decided to go with Blade Triggers for now (2013 Blade models just blew me away :D ). Selling few other kites too, but you Epic fans wouldn't be interested :wink: ! If you want, check them all out in "Second Hand" section!

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Thu May 09, 2013 10:27 am

Hi,

I have a 3G 10m Screamer LTD and a 3G 9m Screamer for sale if anyone is interested.
The 10m was fixed professionally 6 times on the struts and the valve issue was taken care off too (nothing I have caused, and there are no patches or anything on the LE or canopy).
The valve of the 9m was replaced too and the kite is in very good condition (no patches or anything).
Both kites come with one bar only and the non-working original QR/CL was replaced with a working North QR/CL.
I will also include a new set of bridle lines for each kite.
Both hand pumps are still in plastic and never used. Both bags were never used either and are brand new too.
Maybe you Epic fans are interested? I'm located in Cumbuco/Brazil.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kite2Heaven » Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am

Caesar - what happened to the struts ?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu May 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Once again guys,
You can't make every body happy and this is the reason why we have so many kite companies to choose from. But all I know is that no other kite companies put as much hard work and devotion into their product as I do in order to bring you one of the best performance, quality, and customer service from a kite company.
Yesterday while I was doing demos here on the Outer Banks (NC) out of 11 people that tried the EPIC kites 3 of them decided to buy a quiver of kites. Two others had to check with the boss (the wife) and the other 6 just wanted to demo and see what the kites were all about. At the end they were very impressed of its performance and looks, but already had some quiver of kites they just bought and were not looking into buying new ones until next year. Actually I had to chase down one of these guys because he did not want to get out of of the water with my Screamer 10 ltd. And once I finally got to him he gave me thumbs up and asked me: "how much?".
They were 49 kites up in the air and 22 kites on the beach from different other kite companies. Then around 7:15 pm I had to leave the beach to pick up my son from soccer and told one of the guys who was still on the SCREAMER 12 to keep on kiting because he looks like he was having so much fun on the kite, but once he was done to leave it on the beach for me to pick up on my way back. Any way to make a long story short, one of the guys called me last night to tell me that his body loved the Screamer 12 and that the entire group he was with were all talking about how responsive and how good a feeling the Epic kites were from demoing them.
This is an email I got last night from another kiter that was able to demo the kites yesterday.
So again this is the reason why we have different models of kites for different type of riders but again we can't make every body happy.
:(
Attachments
After demoing kites.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu May 09, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 pm

yeah, I've seen this before. You lent a guy a kite for the whole weekend and at the end sold him the demo! Pretty nice to just leave someone a kite based on a handshake! Good job.

Return to “Kitesurfing”