Style: freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger, Prime and Fat Lady
Brand Affiliation: Blade Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blade's 5th Gen Trigger - A brand new profile shape

Postby yoav_at_blade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

A new design for the 5th Generation Trigger:

- New profile shape adds a deeper pocket for bigger airs and massive hangtime.
- Narrow LE and 3 strut design for super responsive and fast turning capabilities.
- Wave setting feature reduces bar pressure, increases depower and positions kite more forward in the window
- Reflex Relaunch design forces wingtips out of the water to the edge of the water with virtually no rider intervention.

http://www.facebook.com/blade.kiteboarding
Attachments
Trigger action.jpg
trigger page1.jpg
trigger indicator.jpg

powerkitefan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Blade's 5th Gen Trigger - A brand new profile shape

Postby powerkitefan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

The new Trigger looks really interesting. Looking forward to trying it... and the new bar.

valdez
Rare Poster
Local Beach: S Wales, UK
Favorite Beaches: Flag Beach, Cotillo, Famara
Style: Freestyle,
Gear: Blade kites
Shinn Boards
Brand Affiliation: Blade kites, Shinn boards supplier / school

Postby valdez » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Cant wait to get hold of my quivers early Nov in the UK !

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Can't wait to try these. Might have some demo's to try in a few days, as I am going to an event put on by our local kiteshop: www.oceanextremesports.com
They are throwing their annual Halloween Blast Kiteboarding event Thursday - Sunday in St. Augustine, Florida. That typically means no winds or waves, but not this year. 20-30knot winds in the forecast and overhead plus waves. If anyone is in the Florida area and wants the specifics, send me a PM. Should be fun...

calibra
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho
Nova Vaga
Fonte da Telha
Lagoa De Albufeira
Style: Freeride, Freestyle, Wave ride.
Gear: Blade Vertigo 2007 8m
Bangkiteboard Bowmoq 136X43
Surf Board Bluebottlhe 5.10 epoxy with 4 fins 4WFS

Postby calibra » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 pm

i am waiting for my quiver Blade Trigger 5th Generation in 5m, 7m, 9m, 12m, and the Fat Lady 2 generation..

i can´t wait to get them!!! :shake: :shake:

as soon they arrive to Portugal, the http://www.Windgust.pt will make demo days , if you are in portugal stay tune!!!

skinnergy
Medium Poster

Postby skinnergy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:13 am

Any rider reviews ?

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Cool. I got to ride a 2012 Blade Trigger a bunch this summer and it was a really fun kite. I'm hoping to get a couple demo rides on the new Trigger down in Baja this winter... :jump:

kite_crazy66
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Since I started kiting I have been travelling... so you could say my local beaches are: Big Bay (Cape Town), Woody's (Perth), Lancelin, Geraldton (WA), Crissy, 3rd Ave, Sherman Island, Da'hab (Egypt)
Style: freestyle and old school

Postby kite_crazy66 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 am

I did get to demo the new Trigger a couple months ago in Tenerife. Blade's R&D team were there making last minutes checks with Mark Shinn to make sure all the production kites were properly tuned and ready to be released.

Although I know Mark Shinn and I met the Blade team, I have no affiliation with the brand. I ride their gear because I like it, not because I get special incentives or discounts (although I do get a small discount through at 30 Nudos Kite School in Tenerife).

I'm 6'1" 175 lbs. I consider myself a hardcore freerider, which to me means I like to push the llimits in all areas of kiting (strapless surf, unhooked freestyle, big air old school).

I was riding mostly on the 9m, but also got a little time on the 12m.

The first thing that comes to mind when I try to describe this kite, is 'super-fun'. As most people know, Triggers are super responsive and quick turning. This makes this kite very lively and dynamic. You can twirl this kite all over the place and it will always be where and when you want it to be.
The air and hangtime are much better than the previous year's model. The first couple jumps took me by surprise and it was quite hectic, especially with the crazy winds we had at Tenerife.
Another aspect I liked very much on this kite was the way the kite turned in the air when I made an aggressive jibe. The turn was not at the wingtip, but more in the middle. I asked the guys about this, and they said they refer to it as a mid pivot design. This made the kite turn much faster, but at the same time dumping excess power to not get pulled off your board when flying the kite through the power zone.

Although I did only test the 12m for 30 minutes (because the wind picked up), I really think this is an amazing mid-large size kite. Super quick and plenty of power. I wish I was there to compare it to some other 12m kites because I don't think there are many kites that come close to the fast turning capabilities of this one.

My one main concern is amount of air required to pump the kite. I was told to pump up the kites more than I usually do. At Tenerife they pumped the kites between 8-10psi. This can be a little worrying for the long run, but the guys said there is nothing to worry about. I guess time will only tell.

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:17 pm

kite_crazy66 wrote: My one main concern is amount of air required to pump the kite. I was told to pump up the kites more than I usually do. At Tenerife they pumped the kites between 8-10psi. This can be a little worrying for the long run, but the guys said there is nothing to worry about. I guess time will only tell.
I pump my kites quite hard which included a 4th gen 12m Trigger all spring/summer with no issues.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade

Postby Motion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Vikb wrote:
kite_crazy66 wrote: My one main concern is amount of air required to pump the kite. I was told to pump up the kites more than I usually do. At Tenerife they pumped the kites between 8-10psi. This can be a little worrying for the long run, but the guys said there is nothing to worry about. I guess time will only tell.
I pump my kites quite hard which included a 4th gen 12m Trigger all spring/summer with no issues.
Most of the time i pump my 2011 T9 up to 10psi if the pressure gauges on this pumps are to be believed. The kite just flies better in gusty conditions we have here. After many hard crashes no problems so far. The build construction just gives me faith it woun't blow out. :D
Last edited by Motion on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”