Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blade's 5th Gen Trigger - A brand new profile shape

Postby Motion » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Nice added zip pocket inside second top compartment. Now i can finally put my keys, cell and wallet some where, without risking of scratching it. :thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Any Prime riders...please PM me.
I have questions.

machista87
Medium Poster

Postby machista87 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 pm

I had a chance to test the 2013 Blade Trigger sizes 12&10 and IMO those kites are sweet, big ups for Blade!
Not many kites out there I've tested provide the whole package with so much fun-factor like the trigger does.
Most of the so called "all-around" models seats somewhere in between and doing just ok in any aspect. As for the Trigger in every aspect I've checked was so good! Good range,perfect pressure ,turn fast, boost high and I was the most surprised how good it was for wakestyle riding with enough slack on the lines. I haven't test it in the waves though but it looks promising with the additional wave set-up.
As for the new bar I had a session on some prototypes with the final chicken loop which look really promising in terms of safety and easy to use, and was really comfortable for un-hooked riding as well.

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am

The winds blew in Seattle today and I jumped on the chance to fly the 9m for a couple of hours. Solo off a tether went super smooth, the moment I hooked in and grabbed the bar
the kite felt familiar and rock solid stable.
(fast/wave setting engaged)
The seas were confused from the backwash off the seawall,
waist high chaos everywhere, so I floated most of my jumps and avoided hot landing.
The new profile shape feels like it has increased vertical lift,
and a level of precise directional control that inspires supreme confidence.
I had to double check to make sure this kite had a bridle afterwards.
The tension on the steering lines was giving me an excellent feel for where the kite was at all times,
without having to look at the kite, and the power modulation-
during the turn or loops, is really a step up to another level of control.
The kite is super stable and tight when you crank it.
I tried to overfly it and it recovered flawlessly everytime.
I tried like heck to change down the line on the few clean faces that rolled through and
could not get to to backstall, it just kinda sits there waiting patiently for the chance to give you all the power you need.
The new Trigger, what a sweet surprise this kite is! 8) :heartface:

Last edited by rodeoclown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

O&B, used the 11m Prime last year, let me know your questions if you are interested

Jinx
Rare Poster

Postby Jinx » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 pm

machista87 wrote:I had a chance to test the 2013 Blade Trigger sizes 12&10 and IMO those kites are sweet, big ups for Blade!
Not many kites out there I've tested provide the whole package with so much fun-factor like the trigger does.
Most of the so called "all-around" models seats somewhere in between and doing just ok in any aspect. As for the Trigger in every aspect I've checked was so good! Good range,perfect pressure ,turn fast, boost high and I was the most surprised how good it was for wakestyle riding with enough slack on the lines. I haven't test it in the waves though but it looks promising with the additional wave set-up.
As for the new bar I had a session on some prototypes with the final chicken loop which look really promising in terms of safety and easy to use, and was really comfortable for un-hooked riding as well.
The amount of guys and gals that have tried my 5th gen triggers and were blown away by how good this kite is shows Blade have got it right.
I was riding the trigger on an un strapped surboard on the weekend and it was great, it does drift very well and the turning speed is fantastic!

im putting my votes in alreday for the Trigger to be the best all round kite of the year!

machista87
Medium Poster

Postby machista87 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Jinx wrote:
machista87 wrote:I had a chance to test the 2013 Blade Trigger sizes 12&10 and IMO those kites are sweet, big ups for Blade!
The amount of guys and gals that have tried my 5th gen triggers and were blown away by how good this kite is shows Blade have got it right.
I was riding the trigger on an un strapped surboard on the weekend and it was great, it does drift very well and the turning speed is fantastic!

im putting my votes in alreday for the Trigger to be the best all round kite of the year!
Well I think its based first of all on how big is the fun factor of the kite and still easy to ride it from the first second. With those facts combain with the high performance that the kite provide Blade got it all. :thumb:

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:03 pm

I am still stoked and smiling inside from last weeks session.
Blade, you guys really pulled it all together and took it to the next level with the new Trigger.

Here is some gopro footage from the session.
I am using Stringy's board mount mod'd with a strap to attach to the center strut on the kite.
When I locked it on I realized that the new struts are narrower, just like the Fat Lady.

http://youtu.be/Mj5FAbsV92o?hd=1

Kiteus Polaris
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South Sweden
Gear: Blade
Shinn

Postby Kiteus Polaris » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:34 am

rodeoclown wrote:I am still stoked and smiling inside from last weeks session.
Blade, you guys really pulled it all together and took it to the next level with the new Trigger.

I am using Stringy's board mount mod'd with a strap to attach to the center strut on the kite.
When I locked it on I realized that the new struts are narrower, just like the Fat Lady.

What is that in the water at 1:04?

kite_crazy66
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Since I started kiting I have been travelling... so you could say my local beaches are: Big Bay (Cape Town), Woody's (Perth), Lancelin, Geraldton (WA), Crissy, 3rd Ave, Sherman Island, Da'hab (Egypt)
Style: freestyle and old school

Postby kite_crazy66 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Kiteus Polaris wrote:
rodeoclown wrote:I am still stoked and smiling inside from last weeks session.

What is that in the water at 1:04?

Yeah, what is that?
It looks like a seal. Right?

Return to “Kitesurfing”