wytcap
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Kites - Buyers beware

Postby wytcap » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 am

Good to see,
Switch has made some very bomb proof kites.
I self launch and land in my spot and my Elements still look great.

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 am

Clarification: In his original warranty inquiry, pixelpedro stated that abrasion was highly unlikely due to 'beautiful sandy beaches,' care in placing the kite for a short time, etc. Looking at the damage and giving him the benefit of the doubt, the Switch warranty person suggested acid as a possible alternative. Several other posters in this thread, having also eliminated abrasion, suggested similar alternative causes. After all, without abrasion/wear/physical damage, what else could it be other than chemical or burning?

Switch takes warranty claims very seriously and has a comprehensive system in place manned by caring kiters who understand all too well the disappointment of a damaged or failed kite. I'm thanking pixelpedro for clearly showing what can happen in a brief time to an unattended kite and those who replied because it will in the end help everyone. I'm not thanking him for his choice of title which IMH(and biased)O, is inappropriate and unfair to a brand which is diligently working very hard to earn the trust of kiters everywhere.
Cheers! :thumb:

rocktor
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis

Postby rocktor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 am

Switch has great customer service. I recently had some issues with my element 13 and sent the kite back to Felix and they sent me a new kite which is on its way and also reimbursed my shipping charges. Just to add my experience with them. Sorry about your kite though.

screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless

Postby screwfootsc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am

Bro, it is called friction. I can't believe you were even questioning the warranty and / or material quality.

Switch will warranty their products, but no company will give away free kites for user error, that goes for any product.

You are apologizing, but for the love of god, change the damn topic title. You think it is appropriate, but its not. If anything, be a man, grow some nuevos, and change it.

Respectfully Submitted,

A switch customer and kiter with common sense when posting a kite forum topic to the world.

I appreciate the realization from your gal that it is 'probably' friction, but come on now.

braveman
Medium Poster

Postby braveman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 am

I think it is still not too late to change the Subject line of the topic...

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am

My 2 cents for the new title:

" PixelPedro - Kite brands beware "

:baby:

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Re: Switch Kites - Users/Buyers beware

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Wow, this is getting rather ridiculous.

I have apologized for coming out and perhaps making it sound like it was a switch issue, although in my defense 3 other kites where down where I was (2 different brands), I guess I happen to be THAT unlucky, to land mine (even though I checked, guessing I get no benefit of doubt on this) on top of something abrasive.

The only reason I took this to warranty, is cause this didn't happen to anyone else, so my guess was simple, perhaps is a bad material batch, which this stuff happens, which is why recalls exist. I only posted here after talking to my buddies that went out that day, their kite were OK, so I figured there has got to be some wrong.

The reason I took it here was simple, cause warranty answer was ACID, where the "F$#@!" would I get acid on a beach, so what you think I did this? No benefit of doubt here either.

The white sandy beach comment to warranty, was not to get in a more lengthy email explaining the freaking scenery, and where my kite was laid to rest while we break.

I've updated the title to what I think is appropriate, maybe (and again, it was NOT my intention to have derogatory title) it was a bit harsh and hasty, so I've updated it to what I think it should be.
screwfootsc wrote:Bro, it is called friction. I can't believe you were even questioning the warranty and / or material quality.
Didn't happen to anyone else, why wouldn't I freaking question it. And if it would've been this apparent and obvious to me, we would't be discussing this.

I know you all probably think, oh was a puss, crybaby, whatever, but the reality is that no matter what, I don't want a freaking kite (no matter how much I like it and how much it costs) that I have to worry about OMG is too windy, sorry can't put my kite down, or sand will damage it, this has dented my confidence, not in its build, obviously not performance, but in quality.

This was a problem with a kite, just happened to be a switch kite, it this would've happened to any other of my kites (Cabs/Flexi) I'll be here as well.

I only noticed this cause I'm getting rid of these to get V2s, that's how much I like their performance. I just know now that if anything happens, gotta suck it up and not say anything.

Tnx all for your valuable time.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 pm

pixelpedro wrote:
The reason I took it here was simple, cause warranty answer was ACID, where the "F$#@!" would I get acid on a beach, so what you think I did this?
This could have happened in your van, trunk or garage before kiting

pixelpedro wrote:I know you all probably think, oh was a puss, crybaby, .
At least you got this right.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 pm

BTW
screwfootsc wrote:be a man, grow some nuevos, and change it.
I guess I'm a man again, really?
A switch customer and kiter with common sense when posting a kite forum topic to the world.
screwfootsc wrote:I appreciate the realization from your gal that it is 'probably' friction, but come on now.
Come on what? You realized that the topic was discussed, unless you have something constructive about the topic to add, keep it to yourself.

We've all already established that I'm a slanderous bitchy ass rider trying to blackmail switch into I don't know what, cause I wasn't asking for a freaking repair, replacement or any of the sort, just for them to look into it, but whatever.

So don't like the post or sick of it, as I am, don't "f"ing post and let it burry, if you want to keep at, cool, but don't bitch about it.

Who's got time for this stupidity anyways. Jeez.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:27 pm

SalmonSlayer wrote:
pixelpedro wrote:
The reason I took it here was simple, cause warranty answer was ACID, where the "F$#@!" would I get acid on a beach, so what you think I did this?
This could have happened in your van, trunk or garage before kiting

pixelpedro wrote:I know you all probably think, oh was a puss, crybaby, .
At least you got this right.
Yeah that always makes my ridding better, a little damage to my kite before going out.

Very clever, genius

Return to “Kitesurfing”