Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where is the best place to get Cabrinha bladders?

Forum for kitesurfers
Jono 111
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where is the best place to get Cabrinha bladders?

Postby Jono 111 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

That's utterly rubbish service.

If I owned that brand, I wouldn't touch them ever again.

With the brand I use, I can go online and order individual bladders (OEM) dating back to 2006 model years, at a perfectly reasonable price.

What happens if you buy a whole new set of struts, because of a centre strut bladder issue.....then happen to puncture the same one again? That's utter BS.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 am

edt wrote:
Flight Time wrote:
edt wrote:two weeks is unacceptable, but it's hard to get OEM replacement parts unless you talk to your local dealer, that's normal
Should that be normal? Should I need to buy an entire engine fror my car if the alternator blows?
No, but if you call up the Ford Motor Company and ask for a new alternator, they will tell you they don't ship alternators direct from the factory, you have to go to a dealer.
And the Ford dealership is all Ford, all day, every day. You want Ford parts? they have them, right there in the warehouse, and you walk out with it. It would be a decent analogy if the dealership sold some Honda, some Toyota, a little bit of Ford, and maybe a sprinkling of Daihatsu. And maybe at best had 20 random parts on a pegboard covered in a generous layer of dust, just in case someone needed them.

Show me a Cabrinha-only dealership, with parts from current models ranging to models from several years back, right there in their back room.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 am

At least when I buy from Epic kites, I can buy directly from the owner of the company, what I need, and only what I need. He answers my emails within hours, and hooks me up with anything I want. I know where my future kites are coming from.

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 am

So if this is all about bashing kite companies then I'll shut up. If you really are still looking for a bladder then go see Jim at Kitebladder.com. He has a huge inventory of Cabrinha stock bladders and is really reasonable.
BTW I've dealt with repairs and replacement parts from 4 different kite companies, thru local dealer and never had one thing to complain about.

Just can'b believe how people can just piss and moan about trivia. Now if someone wants to start a thread about the totally sucky wind so far this fall then I'll pile on for sure !

Return to “Kitesurfing”