Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cable in Cali (Full-sized & close to Epic Flatwater)!!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Wheels
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cable in Cali (Full-sized & close to Epic Flatwater)!!!!

Postby Wheels » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 am

Just went and rode Wake Island Watersport's full-sized cable park in Northern California a couple days ago.

Located within about an hour from the best flatwater spot on the West Coast, Sherman Island, the park is going to be a perfect place to shred this coming spring when it opens.

Thought some of you all might be interested to hear about it, so figured I'd post.

It's a 5-tower Sesitec setup. Eight carriers, which run 40 feet up (super high and tight). There's an island, and the size and shape is pretty similar to OWC in Orlando. I counted about 8 obstacles: three kickers, a small wedge, incline rail, kink rail, ollie-on A-frame (with drop off out the back), and dance floor.

They've also got a S2 (System 2.0) with the extenders on it (to make it super high) in a separate small lake.

It's just north of Sacramento, in Pleasant Grove. Out in the sticks, much like McCormick's is out near Tampa.

They open in April I believe.

Return to “Kitesurfing”