KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 am

Pete.... I tried the V2 snow kiting, and at 150 lbs I can see how jacked this thing could get. I'd never ride the infinity in 10 knots. Would be way too much of a workout, and I'd not be comfy if things picked up. For 120 lb rider you'd be better on the renegade 13. I've got one here anytime you want to try it. It's my fav size of the renegades. 120lb person would be loving it in 9 to 15.... Top end on the 15 is my guess. Let me know. I'm hoping to ride Exeter this year. As soon as we get some freakin snow.....
Take care
Brian

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Hey when I went to your demo, Cameron was ripping it up on the V3 for a while, and he weighs what, like 90 lbs soaking wet?
Yes I do remember that day Mr.Flight Time, but didn't know you were there during that demo. Did you get the chance to try the INFINITY V3?
Cameron and I were in Naples FLORIDA doing demos. It was blowing between 6 to 8 maybe 10 knots max that day and Cameron was itching to get wet. And since the INFINITY V3 was rigged because I used it earlier on an SUP in less then 5 knots (video of the SUP coming soon) he decided to take it for a spin on his very smallTwin Tip JUNIOR PRO board which is 115x32.5cm.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am

Emails like that really makes your day. All you need to know is French in order to read these emails from customers. This one was sent from France.
Bonjour Dimitri Maramenides,
C’est vous le patron mais c’est votre femme qui commande…
Surtout ne faite pas de publicité sur l’infinity, comme vous pouvez le voir , grâce à cette aile , j’ai le spot pour moi tout seul. C’est de l’humour parce quand il n’y a pas trop de vent , que tout le monde reste sur la plage , l’infinity me permet de m’amuser en mer (c ’était le cas de votre première vidéo sur l’infinity lors d’une démonstration).
Salutations.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

Oui oui oui.....cela fait tres chaud au coeur de recevoir un tel temoignage d'appreciation pour ton aile

:surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

Vive la FRANCE SupaEZ :thumb: Oooops sorry j'ai voulue dire CANADA :allbegood:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flight Time » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Hey when I went to your demo, Cameron was ripping it up on the V3 for a while, and he weighs what, like 90 lbs soaking wet?
Yes I do remember that day Mr.Flight Time, but didn't know you were there during that demo. Did you get the chance to try the INFINITY V3?
Cameron and I were in Naples FLORIDA doing demos. It was blowing between 6 to 8 maybe 10 knots max that day and Cameron was itching to get wet. And since the INFINITY V3 was rigged because I used it earlier on an SUP in less then 5 knots (video of the SUP coming soon) he decided to take it for a spin on his very smallTwin Tip JUNIOR PRO board which is 115x32.5cm.
Uhhhh, yeah. I was the guy who talked to you in Naples about Cameron growing up to be a ladies man, as he was making some female acquaintances while you were pointing the camera at him. :lol:

I demoed the V3 with the Oxygen and that 18 Cab monster and compared them in the Infinity thread. I also ordered my 14 3G Screamer that day. I was surprised that Cameron wasn't blown away like a leaf, even though the wind was pretty terrible that day.

I think between the gusts of 10 knots, it was pretty much in the 6-8 knot range. But, given that I didn't have a professional grade anemometer mounted on a 40 foot pole, a thermometer, a barometer, a hygrometer, a doppler radar, and a full team of meteorologists busily running air density calculations, algorithms and forecasting software, I couldn't tell you about any wind gradients or extraterrestrial phenomena that may have contributed to the meterological conditions that day. :lol:

_Kinouille_
Rare Poster

Postby _Kinouille_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 am

Et si on est Francais et que l'on vie au Canada ca devient vive quoi? :D

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Flight Time wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:

I think between the gusts of 10 knots, it was pretty much in the 6-8 knot range. But, given that I didn't have a professional grade anemometer mounted on a 40 foot pole, a thermometer, a barometer, a hygrometer, a doppler radar, and a full team of meteorologists busily running air density calculations, algorithms and forecasting software, I couldn't tell you about any wind gradients or extraterrestrial phenomena that may have contributed to the meterological conditions that day. :lol:

Exactly!!
Funny but sadly so true!

I was there when Dimitri did the demo in Kitty Hawk with the V3 and SUP...you can see me on the vid plus the rest of the guys...I said I'd be surprised if it even got in the sky. I've been kiting almost 13 years...believe me there was practically no breeze whatsoever!
D offered me a go on the SUP also but I declined as I knew I simply didn't have his super hero skills!

All of us witnessed something special that day!
Nothing exciting like watching someone mega loop but a kite that just sat there..no signing needed, just pulling him along.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Best wind direction to test low end side by side against another kite is with "directly onshore wind"

With winds of 7-8-9kn max. average 8kn........never reaching 10kn

That is where the LW performance and the "power to pull you upwind" of a kite really shows

Sideshore light winds have always less wind speed on the beach or shore than on the glassy water

...........I invite all the critics to dissect this statement :lol:

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Here is a refreshing evidence that the wind can be more than it looks to be,
like on this butter flat 7 - 10 mph winds from 4 years ago, No BS :!:
on a 15m Speed2 Stock 5'8" X 18" Custom combo :surf:

DrLW

Return to “Kitesurfing”