Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?

Forum for kitesurfers
coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?

Postby coleman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm

waynepjh,
i sent you a pm about your kite.

very interested

tekko
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Gorge- USA
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force USA

Postby tekko » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 pm

I have 2012 LF NRG Litebreeze16m- $550 +ship. Complete with control system.

I carry this as a demo for lightwind but I work in high wind areas. Probably only ever pumped up and flown 5-10 times... PM me for interest.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.
This is the reason why we have the WARNING sign on all our EPIC ads.
You will be very impressed with the V2 INFINITY. I know few EPIC dealers are selling their INFINITY v2 school kites because it is the end of the season. So maybe you can get in touch with them.
Attachments
demo the kites first before you invest in someting that you will regret.jpg

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I have a 21m Speed3 with the new bar and in LTD colours, (green and black) - all for sale! :)

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

naishdude wrote:I flew Core19,15 LW, Flysurfer 19 and 21 speed3 speed2 15m, Ozone Edge 13m 2013, Switch Nitro14V2 and 14m Nitro V1. The 2 last ones differ a lot to the benefit of the V2 version, faster, better relaunch in lightwind, less barpressure and no jellyfishing anymore.
Cool. Sorry if you took my questions as me being a smart ass. Wasn't trying to be (this time :D ).
I mentioned the V1 because I was interested in that kite when I was shopping for a LW kite, but had seen some bad reviews so decided against it. Very glad to hear that the V2 is an improvement. I hope Switch can bring some of the other company's prices back down to reality.

So how does the Nitro V2 compare to the other light wind kites? low end, stability relaunch, turning speed etc?

Yeah, I did get a crazy deal from East of Maui for the new Dyno. I couldn't decide what LW kite to get from all the reviews and hadn't been able to demo any of them. When I saw the Dyno at that low of a price I jumped on it. Very happy with it for my use, mostly raceboard riding in <10 knots, also fun on twintip though.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 am

davesails7 wrote:
naishdude wrote:I flew Core19,15 LW, Flysurfer 19 and 21 speed3 speed2 15m, Ozone Edge 13m 2013, Switch Nitro14V2 and 14m Nitro V1. The 2 last ones differ a lot to the benefit of the V2 version, faster, better relaunch in lightwind, less barpressure and no jellyfishing anymore.
Cool. Sorry if you took my questions as me being a smart ass. Wasn't trying to be (this time :D ).
I mentioned the V1 because I was interested in that kite when I was shopping for a LW kite, but had seen some bad reviews so decided against it. Very glad to hear that the V2 is an improvement. I hope Switch can bring some of the other company's prices back down to reality.

So how does the Nitro V2 compare to the other light wind kites? low end, stability relaunch, The flysurfer is still the best kite in lichtwind water relaunchturning speed etc?

Yeah, I did get a crazy deal from East of Maui for the new Dyno. I couldn't decide what LW kite to get from all the reviews and hadn't been able to demo any of them. When I saw the Dyno at that low of a price I jumped on it. Very happy with it for my use, mostly raceboard riding in <10 knots, also fun on twintip though.
Flying the Nitro V2 14 m amazed me how much lowend it has, this compared to the other much bigger kites which I mentioned.( I myself always on a free raceboard sector 60 v2) Waterstart is pretty impressive too, complete the opposite from the V1 version, which needed all the tricks in the book to relaunch in light winds ( and I mean swimming no ground under the feet) V2, very very stable , fast turning, high boosting long hangtime..

The cores are pretty fast starters if you drop them in light wind, they roll over easy...are pretty good lightwind kites, but also based more for TT riding my feeling

I forgot to mention the Zephyrs I had..not flying far enough forward in the windwindow for a race or freerace board.in my opinion

Ozone Edge
great kite for lightwinds, I get going in 7 to 8 knots with 80 kg when the speeds 21 and 19 are on the water too, mostly with a TT door rider.
Flies upwind like none with massive speed, but is not that fast turning compared to a Nitro or Core. water relaunch also a bit more tricky due to the extreme ratio, the kite looks like a 17 m in length and like a 12m c4 in depth..long and narrow stretched profile, more like a flysurfer speed.

As I do not have to win races ( although amongst other friend cruisers we do little racers)
I do not need the big kites anymore.

My two favorites are Switchkites NITRO 14V2 and Ozone Edged13m 2013
these two kites brought me the most fun.
Not to mention that the board brings a lot and a skilled lightwindhand, makes you saving cost, no need for 21 19 15 etc.. :thumb:

hope this answered a bit your questions.
btw I owned Speed 2, Zephyr 2x, Nitro14 V1, Switch Element13( great kite too but not flying enoygh forward towards the edge of the windwindow, for me)I had range of ozone c4

At the moment I own Ozone Edge, my son Nitro 14 v2, and me again Method 9 7 5m for the waveboards..

cheers dude :cool2:

My

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 am

Dimitri M wrote:Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.
P.S. Of all the kites i have ever own...i have never demoed one before buying..lucky me i guess

I have been very successful in my great choices.....ZERO regrets

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 am

Sean Walters - aka LTD Kiteboarding on facebook had his SS Turbine for sale last week. Not sure if he's sold it or not.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:56 am

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.
P.S. Of all the kites i have ever own...i have never demoed one before buying..lucky me i guess

I have been very successful in my great choices.....ZERO regrets
Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 am

Flight Time wrote: Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.
but how do you do that though? Not all companies offer that, and not everywhere. I certainly do not want to demo a kite and then have to pay return shipping if I think the kite suck ass.

Return to “Kitesurfing”