Gear: Everything and TWO.AG Boards
Brand Affiliation: TWO.AG
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Postby Uwe Schröder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Attachments
Klein Wainman Bildschirmfoto 2012-12-07 um 12.09.36 2.png
Klein Wainman Bildschirmfoto 2012-12-07 um 12.09.36 2.png (131.39 KiB) Viewed 3194 times

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Postby Flight Time » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Uwe Schröder wrote:all about the bunnies! soon
All about kites that can make a grown man look like a child. Kinda like carrying an Alvin and the Chipmunks lunch box to your construction jobsite in your 30s.

"Steve, what you riding there?"
"A bunny, dude!"
"You get your first period or something?"

Plus, all that white in the color scheme means that the first time you lay it on the sand it starts staining. 3 sessions later it looks like its 4 years old.

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:11 pm

[quote]All about kites that can make a grown man look like a child. [/quote]

as if playing around with kites was manly... :naughty:

mc8
Medium Poster

Postby mc8 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Flight Time wrote:
Uwe Schröder wrote:all about the bunnies! soon
All about kites that can make a grown man look like a child. Kinda like carrying an Alvin and the Chipmunks lunch box to your construction jobsite in your 30s.

"Steve, what you riding there?"
"A bunny, dude!"
"You get your first period or something?"

Plus, all that white in the color scheme means that the first time you lay it on the sand it starts staining. 3 sessions later it looks like its 4 years old.
Well, you can love the design or hate it, but why the need to insult everybody who just enjoys the performance of those kites???

Kinda like a child who needs to bash other kids toy, cause he can't have one?

Anyhow, no need to get OT here. Can't wait for the report. Although i understand german, i wish you guys would do reviews in english as well, since you might be the only group of people, who are still pretty objective on those tests. Keep on with good work, and please don't sell out, like everybody else has.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:16 pm

well i guess i am just a child then, dont really care though what a kite looks like so long as it isnt pink.

the rabbits are extremely fun kites to fly, beefy, nimble, and powerful. more like a hare actually.

Dr Makani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: CA, HI

Postby Dr Makani » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

there's no accounting for taste - true

But I am the one shelling out $1,500 for something what looks like a crossover between cartoon network, Duracell and Justin Bieber -

And then a WHITE kite? That thing looks like a kitchen mob after a season. The only way to resell it is by hoping that one of these 'trade-in' programs kick in (we'll give you $500 for any kite by buying one of ours)

There's so much wrong with that marketing concept or maybe it's just the Walkyrie music of the vid which sets my brain on fire.

The kite may be the best thing after sliced bread and canned beer - but ain't flyin' over my head

peace

seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly

Postby seaplus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Don't ya just love subbies that gripe about equipment they've never owned nor ever plan to own.

seaplus

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 am

Wouldn't own it if it was the best thing in the world. Let's face it, if it looks like something little Timmy's mom taped on the refrigerator to boost his self-esteem, it's not helping your image. Especially after 3 sessions it looked like it had been laid on freshly laid asphalt and run over several times.

Dude in the green hoodie at 1:48 is holding this kite that looks like it has sonic the hedgehog on it and has the word bunny on it, and he's trying to look cool. Maybe if we put little hearts and flowers on it and call it the "sweetie" we can complete the picture.

I'm not a graphics snob, and I would have no problem flying most kites, but not that one.

They have done better.

http://www.airpadrekiteboarding.com/kit ... =2012-boss

At least the rabbit looks semi-badass.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 am

Flight time,
What kite do you fly, just for frame of reference.

Taste is certainly personal. I have the 2009 smoke and gypsy and they look awesome. I like the black better than the white but I totally disagree with not flying a kite because of looks. I barely look at my kite when I ride. I want performance. I want it because it feels right to have a kite perform well. I don't pick kites that look "cool" so that I can have a certain image.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 am

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... ,s:0,i:110

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... ,s:0,i:238
Green and white

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... x=97&ty=68
I totally disagree with not flying a kite because of looks. I barely look at my kite when I ride. I want performance. I want it because it feels right to have a kite perform well. I don't pick kites that look "cool" so that I can have a certain image.
That's very enlightened of you. You probably wake up in the morning, and throw on the same unwashed clothes you have been wearing for the last week, leave the house without combing your hair, brushing your teeth, or shaving, get in your rusted out El Camino, and go to work (if you work). Everyone looks at you with awe and admiration, because you are your own man. Style doesn't mean anything to you. You only look for performance. So the pink cartoon kite with hearts and puppies and flowers and rainbows is made for you, man.

I barely look at my clothes or hair or face or car, but if I want to project an image of professionalism to my clients, and I want to be looked at with anything else but distain from members of the opposite sex, you had best believe I'm going to have my shit in line. I guess that makes me vain, but I'll be vain while being gainfully employed and getting laid, thank you very much.

Performance is great, but style completes the picture. If performance was the only factor people looked at, we would all be wearing the same clothes, with the same haircut, driving the same cars, living in the same houses... Welcome to the Borg cube, everyone.

You are truly a massive liar if you expect us to believe you don't give a rat's ass what image you project.

Return to “Kitesurfing”