14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Postby Flight Time » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 am

I wouldn't care if I had. FREAKIN BUZZARD on it. Try the Wainman and u may be surprised.
"Freakin Buzzard" sounds pretty cool. Add some solid primary colors and graphics to it, and I'd fly the Freakin Buzzard! Again, much cooler than "bunny". And no, I will not try the Cartoon Network kite. :lol:
Are you saying that Flight time................is a Flight risk

What the hell are you trying to say? Something got lost in the translation to English, and your point didn't come through. :D
The black kites were really nice to look at. The white ones look like they got washed with bleach or someone took all the colors away.
Yes, exactly. These are kites I would fly, and ones that wouldn't look like a mechanic's oil change rag after a season. A little spray paint to get rid of any instances of the word "bunny" and I would fly any of those.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:20 am

Hey flight,
I guess the winged cock is more manly, in a village people sort of way.

And, you never told me what kites you fly. I need to know what a sense of style looks like.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:28 am

coleman wrote:Hey flight,
I guess the winged cock is more manly, in a village people sort of way.

And, you never told me what kites you fly. I need to know what a sense of style looks like.
Couple pages back, links to pics near bottom of page 1.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 am

FT,

sorry to hear that u will not try a Rabbit. You could miss out on an "EPIC" Sesh. You may want 2 "SWITCH" :superfly: :superfly: :dontpanic: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 am

14ToeSide wrote:FT,

sorry to hear that u will not try a Rabbit. You could miss out on an "EPIC" Sesh. You may want 2 "SWITCH"
That's the only way I can tell you from Supa, you make plays on words, and even though you use phone-text English, I can still tell you are a native speaker of English. I can't pin down Supa's nationality, just from reading his posts. :lol:

And no, the rabbit line is not for me, I'm pretty sure they are mostly low aspect ratio wave kites, and I don't think I will ever own a directional, or use the waves for much other than ready-made launch pads. Well, I shred in them when I am headed toward shore, but the fun starts when I turn around and head back out. :thumb:

murph68
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dollmount, Sutton, Brittas Bay
Gear: Wainman Hawaii, Nobile

Postby murph68 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am

Your pretty sure they are low aspect ratio wave kites!!! Seriously why are you shooting your mouth off about a kite you haven't ridden and are only "pretty sure" about!!!
The Rabbits are an all rounder with various adjustments that can be made to both the Bridles and steering lines, they can also be ridden bridleless for a more Ckite feel.
The 9m Smoke has been voted kite of the year 2 years running.

Educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself.

seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly

Postby seaplus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm

The 9m Smoke has been voted kite of the year 2 years running.
...fact is that Wainman Hawaii Kites are quite good !

I own & luv my Wainman Hawaii Kites...yet I can agree that the rabbit theme can be a little hard to swallow. I justify the theme by stating they are quick, fast, jump, etc..but the "Bunny" & "Fat Momma" models need a rename (imo)...continue with "Boss", "Punch", & "Smoke" type of names please..."Gypsy" meh.

I can't understand why some subbies waste time ranting about a kite they don't own / never flown.

But if the wind ain't blowin', us kiters can get a little craze.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 pm

+1 on no wind. U can tell where the wind isn't blowin because the Keyboards start pontificating!
:peng: :strong: :chorus: :desperado: :desperado: :mail: :tv: :tv: :tv: :pump: :pump: :pump: :oops: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 pm

seaplus wrote:

I can't understand why some subbies waste time ranting about a kite they don't own / never flown.
.[/i]

Some people are know it alls. Some are opinionated. Some are just jackasses. But as it relates to wainman kites, they don't know what they are missing. That's fine with me though.

So far my favorite thing about the kites is how smooth the pull is. I am just now starting surface loops just to get comfortable with it and the rabbits perform really well. No canopy flutter and a nice strong surge of power. Also, these things are great for carving around. They pull nicely through the turn and the kite is always in the right spot. They feel very stable and well behaved. I think the larger tubes and lack of one pump helps. You can get the struts much tighter without one pump. On our inland gusty lakes the extra stability is good for confidence.

No need to keep posting if you don't care for the kites. This thread would be better if informed persons were posting significant information instead of garbage.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Your pretty sure they are low aspect ratio wave kites!!! Seriously why are you shooting your mouth off about a kite you haven't ridden and are only "pretty sure" about!!! Educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself.
First, you can F off.

Now after perusing the Wainman site, and looking at the very informative description of one of the kites, I get this frivolous bullshit:

"Most gangs like to associate with famous boxers, but before being admitted to The Rabbit Gang,

The Punch had to walk a path through the hardest fight club on the planet. He didn't fail. Not a single fight. He didn't lose, not even once. Nor did he let down his crew. And so, despite his overlapping skills with the main Gang players, he was fully accepted by The Boss and offered a job. And the good old Smoke is simply happy to have a bigger buddy he can always rely on and hang out with...

The Punch, a 10,5 m gangster, the biggest of the "V" Rabbits that ever existed.A super powerful yet still very responsive and fun kite that will send you out of the ring...

... only if you ask for it. Be ready for the The Punch from nowhere..."

Man, that tells me a lot about the kite. The only piece of useful information about the characteristics of the kite is this: "A super powerful yet still very responsive and fun kite". That's it. Reads like a comic book. Looks like a comic book. All this screams at me that it's made for kids.

I'm not ripping on the kite, it's mostly the marketing and choice of colors and graphics that I'm ripping on. I'm also not ripping on anyone who rides the kites. The kites might be awesome, which is fine by me.

All the Wainman videos I have seen is dudes on directionals in waves, and the kites look (to me)narrow in width and long in the chord line, which is low aspect ratio, which is preferable to dudes in waves on directional boards. These things lead me to believe that the statement I made was fairly valid. And how would I know otherwise because what the company's own description of the kites don't tell me anything about what they are used for.

Return to “Kitesurfing”