Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Forum for kitesurfers
Erlend M B
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Sideshore.no (Wainman Hawaii, Nobile, Crazy Fly)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Postby Erlend M B » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am

Westozzy wrote:...
I spent a week on a Wainmen Smoke ) not the rabbit, but similar I presume.
All wainman kites are called rabbits. And, they are great for wakestyle btw. Their grunt makes it possible to load a solid edge against it.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:19 am

Oh okay.

Grunt comes in many forms. You wanna hold or have to hold a big edge, get on an ozone edge.

But it flies upwind at the same time! But yeh it is a very specific kite the edge the rabbits are indeed a great all rounder.

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm

i just skimmed over this thread and there are 2 things that need to be mentioned:

1. all rabbit kites are still available in black. so if you don't like white kites, there is an alternative.
2. the bunny is a 5m^2 kite. the grafix fit perfect for smaller groms and women. if you're a grown up man all you need is a gipsy when its really nuking. ;-)
3. weather the rabbit theme is a joke or not, well, wainman is all about the fun in kiteboarding. if you don't like their marketing, "invest" in something else.

the kites can be trimmed in a lot of different ways from stock setup.
understanding the trailer right, the upcoming clips of gleiten.tv should explain the options.
and once you understand what setup does what, it should be easy to find a setup that suits your riding best.
the rabbits are great in the waves, killer kiteloopmachines, great for freestyle, great for wakestyle, great for oldschool (when ridden powered up), and great for going fast... they might not be the ticket to become olympic champion on a raceboard though.
so as it has been pointed out, they are verry versatile and can perform in the top leages together with the much more specific models of the competition.

there seems to be a demand for kites like the rabbits, because before wainman launched their rabbit series, there was no evo, no envy, no park,...
the whole low-aspect 3 strut-design deltaish allround kite craze started with the wainman kites. and none of the 3 struters i have tried so far can come close to the versatility and performance the rabbits still offer.

but their design seems to be really catchy, otherwise you guys wouldn't start arguing and almost fighting about it :cool2:

TangTonic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St. Croix
Style: all
Gear: Wainman

Shinn

Postby TangTonic » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Proud Wainman owner here. I used to have a 2009 Boss and loved it so much, I recently added a 2011 Smoke to the quiver. I agree the marketing gimmicks are pretty lame. But the graphics on my 2011 smoke are super sick. People at my beach always inquire about it and comment on how cool it looks in the air.

But flying the smoke is a whole nother dimension. So much fun. Boosts big with the right approach, stable, soild construction, and fast through the air. The bar is the best I have ever used.

I hope Wainman hears about this thread. They really need to cut the stupid descriptions and put some technical terms in there to describe the kites. Lose the bunny thing and just put a baddass Wainman logo on there. Simple is way better. While we are at it, since its called the smoke, how about some subtle Rasta colors. I would be all over that.

One of the reasons I like the Wainman brand is it doesn't feel mainstream yet. Kinda like how Volcom used to be before it got all mainstream. They have different graphics and marketing compared to the big names. Seeing a rally, rpm, evo, or flying cock kite doesn't intrigue me. Mostly because everyone has them. Seeing a Wainman does. Seeing an Epic kite does. I just like having stuff that is a little more "underground." Like Stussy was back in the day. I don't like to follow the masses.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm

If you are in the market for this type of kite, yes I would agree you should demo one.

And it needs to be a lengthy demo if possible because of the multiple adjustments that can be made.

And yes wainmen cut out your primary school marketing...

Also for fucken gods sake make it a one pump! I know a retailer who swears by these kites and has said to me on a number of occasions how many crew have been torn between this kite and another and the no one pump made their mind up. There loss of course, but seriously people expect it now. I know rabbit crew have said it doesn't matter, you can pump up the struts harder, it is more simple, bla bla bla, one pump seriously, sort it.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 pm

WH. if you are following this, please NO 1 pump. Don't do it.
Maybe better on the beach but not on the water.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 am

Use electric pump like Toby and who cares HOW many struts......

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 am

knotwindy wrote:WH. if you are following this, please NO 1 pump. Don't do it.
Maybe better on the beach but not on the water.

Bullshit.

Loon
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake, Michigan
Favorite Beaches: Icarai/Isle do Guajaru/Cumbuco Brazil, Los Barriles BCS
Style: All of it.
Gear: Waiman 7, 9, 12 and Epic Screamer 14

Epic Spartan 129, F-One Trax 134, Waiman Blunt 137 W

Postby Loon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Rabbits pull tail. No doubt,

ice
Medium Poster

Postby ice » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 am

What is the bar pressure like on the Punch 2013?

Return to “Kitesurfing”