Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Varial Race 2013 vs Dyno

Postby hmattar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm

arpc wrote:
hmattar wrote:Has anyone tried the varial race 2013 in the 17m size? Or maybe the last years 17m?
I`m looking for a LW kite and a hangtime/boost kite. I`m a heavy guy(97kg).
I will demo the 15m this week but there`s no way I can find a 17m to demo.

The only other kite close to this that I have tried was the 18m and 17m dyno`s,
I really like the dyno but the price here in Brazil is crazy and also it`s very hard to find one.

If anyone can compare the speed and bar pressure of the varial race vs dyno,
it would help me a lot.
Hmattar I'm looking for someone who can bring the USA a dyno or blade fat lady.
Dyno's are over in the brazilian distributor. Will just arrive when the 2013 is released.
Since a 12m rebel is now 2300US dollars, i can't imagine the price on the dyno!

There are no blade kites rep in Brazil.
MikeBirt wrote:
hmattar wrote: I'm looking for a freeride kite for light winds and not race. I'll have a chance to demo the 2013 15m this weekend. Lets see how it goes.
Weekend demo with Alex Pastor!!! Too bad they won't have the 17m :/
In which case you may like it - that 15 2013 model is quite quick around the window and a pretty good freeride kite. I use the 15 as my biggest and enjoy it a lot - very progressive depower too.

you ride a freerace board or a race board?
for me, the biggest % boost to your light wind ability at a fraction of the cost of new kites is a good freerace board. They need 1/2 to 1/3 the power of a trad twin tip, and are a LOT more interactive to ride in these winds. :-)
Hey Mike! How much you weight and whats the minimum windspeed you get going in the 15m in a twintip?
I have a twintip and a surf board that is very wide custom made for light winds.

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)

Postby MikeBirt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 am

hmattar wrote: Hey Mike! How much you weight and whats the minimum windspeed you get going in the 15m in a twintip?
I have a twintip and a surf board that is very wide custom made for light winds.
Hmm, that's a loaded question.. depends on the temp, board and rider weight.
I'm 82kg, but don't ride big twins as I find them too sedate - as soon as i'm off full power I immediately drop to a sector..
I donlt have any experience of big twind (over42) as for my weight this is the biggest I go befor I consider a freerace board far more fun, effective and involving..

In the cold of last winter (10 degrees) I had a V1 sector 60 going in 6-8knots, with a 10 lithium, which to me was a very surprising result. A freestyle rider was not able to upwind on a standard sized TT with an 18m.

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby hmattar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 am

Had a chance to demo the 15m race 2013 today. What a nice surprise.
I was riding a 18m dyno in around 8-10 knots, when it went to 12 knots i jumped the 15m vxr.
Fully powered, 1st thing i Loved about it was the speed. The damm kite is faster than my 13m rebel.
Very light bar for its size(i was using a big bar), very fast kite with tons of power. Amazing upwind ability and depower.
The dyno and rebel handle gusts better, in the vxr I would feel the gusts in the bar.
Amazing for jump and hangtime, and I think with my directional i`ll be able to go upwind easy in lower winds.
I just need to decide if i`ll get the 15m or 17m(can`t find this size to demo).
I`ll probably end up buying the 15m to go along with a 12m varialx.

We had a Airush demo day with Alex Pastor! Great job done by Airush here in Brazil!
Top brands in Brazil never done anything like it. Hope they open their eyes!

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)

Postby MikeBirt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 am

hmattar wrote:Had a chance to demo the 15m race 2013 today. What a nice surprise.
I had the same reaction... For a race kite it's a lot of fun, and it's now a cornerstone of my personal quiver. The 17 is slightly slower, pushes upwind harder and sooner, but the 15 is a very good kite if you don't need every last shaving from the bottom end of the wind range.

Return to “Kitesurfing”