Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which Kites have won the PKRA title?

Forum for kitesurfers
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Which Kites have won the PKRA title?

Postby dyyylan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Most tricks these days dont have anything to do with the kite anymore.
True, but mostly irrelevant. Kite shape is one of the most important factors in unhooked stability and performance.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am

Tell that to Youri Zoon he has no chance of winning anymore with the new Best kite. Since obviously his RPM must have been the best kite ever for PKRA.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:Tell that to Youri Zoon he has no chance of winning anymore with the new Best kite. Since obviously his RPM must have been the best kite ever for PKRA.
Huh?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 am

Well if the kite is the deciding factor, Youri doesnt has much chance of winning anymore now he left Slingshot and with that his RPM and now has to try on a Best kite. The RPM gave him victory according to that statement.

Personally i say the kite isnt important at all. As long as its a stable kite with much pop. So Basicly most C-shapes. Its all about the rider. He pops that board so hard he goes high, he does the tricks. And lands them.

Alfarosi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona-Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Castelldefels (Spain) - Tarifa (Spain) - Cotillo (Spain) - La Palme (France) - Dakhla Lagoon (Morocco) - Safety Bay (Australia) - Woodman Point (Australia)
Style: Freestyle - Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Fuel & RPM 2011 and North Team Series 2011
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Alfarosi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:04 pm

I heard that Youri leaves Slingshot because he wants Fuel. Slingshot has his policy of each rider with each kite and don't left him change.

I think there are differences between C-Shape hybrid and Real C that maybe we can not appreciate but they probably can. Who knows...

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Saw Youri riding here on Best no different will win if he wants, kite doesnt win title riders does you kooks. :lol: :P :baby:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Alfarosi wrote:I heard that Youri leaves Slingshot because he wants Fuel. Slingshot has his policy of each rider with each kite and don't left him change.

I think there are differences between C-Shape hybrid and Real C that maybe we can not appreciate but they probably can. Who knows...

200.000$ is the reason .... and i know for sure,and dont ask from who... :naughty: .

Alfarosi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona-Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Castelldefels (Spain) - Tarifa (Spain) - Cotillo (Spain) - La Palme (France) - Dakhla Lagoon (Morocco) - Safety Bay (Australia) - Woodman Point (Australia)
Style: Freestyle - Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Fuel & RPM 2011 and North Team Series 2011

Postby Alfarosi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:25 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
Alfarosi wrote:I heard that Youri leaves Slingshot because he wants Fuel. Slingshot has his policy of each rider with each kite and don't left him change.

200.000$ is the reason .... and i know for sure,and dont ask from who... :naughty: .
I'm surprised that Best Kiteboarding can afford this for Youri, Gisela, Lewis,etc.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Sure a c hjelps for most of us, for the top guys they can win on any.
As for Youri, both lenten and yates were on the fuel at the same time, so not the reason. Sure he gets payed, and he deserve it, but the GP is a freaking sick and d### good kite! It is a pretty new model, so a modern kite that deliver what he needs. He wouldn't change if he couldn't do all the same stuff as good on it. As he said himself he landed his doubles just away and was rally impressed with it.

polarstorm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sauble, Santa Rita, Valmitao
Favorite Beaches: Santa Rita, Valmitao
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha (little goat)

Postby polarstorm » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:Most tricks these days dont have anything to do with the kite anymore.
The question is definitely relevant, the question should probably be refined to which c-style/freestyle kites have won, or rather, which kites would the leading freestylers would rather be riding if they had a choice and *why*. It's probably safe to say we're not going to see a high AR such as a crossbow or a foil at this level?

Return to “Kitesurfing”