Forum for kitesurfers
cowboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Did Shannon Best jump...

Postby cowboy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 am

rtz wrote:This is exactly what I'm talking about: http://www.realwatersports.com/2011-best-taboo

A 9m or 10m kite for $399!

If that was the every day price for all Best kite models and sizes; they would be the most common brand used. Price sells.
A company could not survive selling kites at these prices for the latest gear. I know for a fact that even direct selling at these prices would find it hard for a kite company survive if they employed more than 1 person. A friend is a team rider/tester for a company that has their kites & bars produced in china and get their kit for cost price that isnt much different to the above price

Add in that an distributor/shop would want to put their mark up on ay sales, and selling at this price for RRP would mean they were moving units at a loss!

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Did Shannon Best jump...

Postby doublerumandcoke » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:46 am

rtz wrote:This is exactly what I'm talking about: http://www.realwatersports.com/2011-best-taboo

A 9m or 10m kite for $399!

If that was the every day price for all Best kite models and sizes; they would be the most common brand used. Price sells.
RTZ, i clicked your link and by the time you click the 9m size, with bar and bag and pump it comes out at $749. Which is an average price for a 2011 when 2013's are in the market. Lets face it, you are talking about REAL kiteboarding who aren't in this game for anything but bottom line.

DRC

Return to “Kitesurfing”