Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot Lunacy 2008 129CM Still a good board today?

Forum for kitesurfers
paulie
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot Lunacy 2008 129CM Still a good board today?

Postby paulie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:14 pm

JGTR wrote:In much the same way the Hadlow is popular because it has Hadlow stamped on it :roll:
Not really, the Hadlow isn't a "hardcore" board, it's not marketed as one, unlike the Lunacy was ("only Len10 wannabes need apply"). Yet it does everything the Lunacy does but better. The Hadlow feels completely locked in & solid underfoot, it's a long way from "soft and flexy". It runs a stiff centre section but does so with amazing smoothing flex in the tips and it runs a bit more rocker so you can hold down as much power as Lunacy. It's just a much better board.

The Lunacy might have been great 5 years ago but things have moved on loads and you simply don't need a to make a stiff heavy plank to call it a performance board now..

If it works for you though, then good times..

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm

it's not marketed as one, unlike the Lunacy was
That was my point, it was marketed as a hardcore board but wasn't, it errs towards performance over comfort but I found it not to be a "plank" and actually a very good board

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby WildDuke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I bought a 2009 Lunacy recently off our local second hand forum. Sure there is nothing wrong with the board. It is a particular style with its wide tips and stiff flex, but I couldn't say that while riding, that it felt like an obsolete board, however the straps on the other hand are totally obsolete. After you've ridden the likes of the North NTT straps, Naish's straps, Nobiles and even Xenon's the old slingshot straps feel old. There is not a lot of support on the top part of the foot and the pads were slippery. I really couln't like them. So when I tried to change the straps with my NTT straps, or a pair of cabrinha sync bindings that I had laying around, it wouldn't fit the screw widths.

And thats where the lunacy started showing its age.

Return to “Kitesurfing”