Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wainman C Kite - Cape Town 2013

Postby Stefan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am

Kite manufacturers are simplifying their production, I think there is only so far the most advanced kites go before not having any advantages (as far as cost benefit) The biggest changes now are in materials. A lot of us that have been kiting for a long time are tired the product hype... we just wanna ride and not have our kites be obsolete every 8 months. Wainman IMHO is one of the few companies that has a sustainable business plan. Their kites are simple, perform well with super friendly manners and have a ton of options in terms of connection points. :thumb:

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 am

Love it that finally boring brands (sorry sorry but only SLE for ages...) like Cabrihna have got a C (just look at Leam Wheyleys last video - suddenly his style got so much better...) and now wainman. But it sure looks like a 2004 design, but somehow it must be better? But stange that the design looks so much like way back... When are they going to change the 1994ish bodybuilder tattoo on the kite? Tribal would be my biggest reason not to buy the kite... Sorry eighter hugh hefner rabbits or tribal tattoos are cool.... (sorry for pissing some of you off but someone had to say it hehehehe) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rollgrin:

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby knotwindy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:31 am

you probably will not piss anybody off because the people that ride hard want performance,
they mostly don't give a rats ass what the kite looks like as they never look at it if it does what it is supposed to do :allbegood:

ronansarms
Rare Poster
Local Beach: ireland
Style: wakestyle/freestyle
Gear: Hadlow ID's
Brand Affiliation: LSD kiteboarding

Postby ronansarms » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

the older c shapes were really the better ones in comparison to those almost c shapes with fifth lines
although the wainmans have a much better safety system than back then

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm

people that ride hard want performance,
And modern kites have better performance than this old design. I'm not talking about SLE/BOW kites.

I suppose just like VW people will always pay over the odds for old crap just to look cool (I drive a VW van :lol: )

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

JGTR wrote:
And modern kites have better performance than this old design. I'm not talking about SLE/BOW kites.

I suppose just like VW people will always pay over the odds for old crap just to look cool (I drive a VW van :lol: )
Damn I'm glad your hear to tell us all just how bad these kites perform. I guess I was wrong in thinking I liked my Fuels constant pull, where they sit in the window, how they drift, the slack they give, and the way they loop. I guess all the things I consider to be performance for me are wrong.

Please tell me what performance I should be looking for. I don't want to go thru the rest of my life flying kites you disapprove of random stranger who is anonymous on the internet.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

TheJoe wrote:
JGTR wrote:

Damn I'm glad your hear to tell us all just how bad these kites perform. I guess I was wrong in thinking I liked my Fuels constant pull, where they sit in the window, how they drift, the slack they give, and the way they loop. I guess all the things I consider to be performance for me are wrong.

Please tell me what performance I should be looking for. I don't want to go thru the rest of my life flying kites you disapprove of random stranger who is anonymous on the internet.

Where in any of my posts did I say that these kites perform badly? Think you better go back an reread my posts before you make stuff up :roll:

I'm glad you mention the Fuel because this post is about the Wainman and I was thinking of the Fuel when I said modern C kites out perform older designs, I'm glad you agree :thumb:
stranger who is anonymous on the internet

Touché :rollgrin:

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 am

JGTR so your talking more about the batons more so than it being a C kite. Well I will point out that there have been many versions of the Wainman C kite. Last year I saw a pic of one that was basically a Fuel with a tiny small V-bridle like the Epic Judge and the New Hadlow's. So like I originally said I'll get excited about them when they actually come to market.

Return to “Kitesurfing”