Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

"Pee" zipper on wetsuits

Forum for kitesurfers
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: "Pee" zipper on wetsuits

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q ... Had+to+Pee

The relevant portion of this track starts just after 01:00. :lol: Pretty much relevant to all watersports if you ask me. :naughty: Someone should sell that T-shirt :thumb:

zerogee_ca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zerogee_ca » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

KYLakeKiter wrote:http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q ... Had+to+Pee

The relevant portion of this track starts just after 01:00. :lol: Pretty much relevant to all watersports if you ask me. :naughty: Someone should sell that T-shirt :thumb:
You can buy the shirts or variety of other products with that slogan here...
http://www.cafepress.com/+i-love-to-pee ... t+t-shirts

Thor SFBay
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, California
Favorite Beaches: Bolinas, CA
Style: freeride
Gear: Naish Park kites, Naish Haze board
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Thor SFBay » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 am

Vin Stefanelli wrote:i pee in my wetsuit every time thor,
and any up to date depowerable k-surfkite
should
sit quietly
depowered
upright and readyto re-launch on the surface on yer far right or left.
so long as your feet are planted firmly

and yea don't try it in gusty to psychotic wind
Dude, you still don't get it... What is your kite attached to? Your harness! And where is your harness? It's wrapped around your torso! So how are you going to pull your wetsuit down below your waist with your kite still attached to your harness? And please don't tell me you are going to slide the harness down to your ankles with a kite attached to it. C'mon, you've never done what you describe because like you say, you are a fellow "pee in your wetsuit" kinda guy.

Thor SFBay
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, California
Favorite Beaches: Bolinas, CA
Style: freeride
Gear: Naish Park kites, Naish Haze board

Postby Thor SFBay » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 am

AndKite wrote:It has been said before in other threads:

Urine is sterile when it leaves the body. Then it becomes a perfect bacteria plantation.

Urine against the skin is not good, causes rashes.

Urine attracts sharks better than blood.

Anyone working with kitesurfing (me for example) dont want to stand around all day in a wetsuit full of pee, and we are not always in the water to rinse it out. Might be a bit strange to suddenly walk out into waist deep water in front of students and suddenly get a very relieved look on your face...

Ok, zipper might be a feature only for a small group, but that small group really wants it. And what if you had one? wouldn't you use it?

I wouldn't pee in my wetsuit either if I weren't in the water. If you are in the water, the urine doesn't stay around long enough to cause rashes or get infected with bacteria. Obviously that's not the case if you just stand on the beach and let it flow. But please provide proof that urine attracts sharks. I can't find any studies that prove that. Surfers float around in the water looking like seals and pee in their wetsuits all the time and still people rarely get bitten. Heck, I got hit by my fin 6 months ago and bled into the water and no sharks showed up. And that was in the Red Triangle. Sharks mostly don't want to eat boney-assed humans when there are nice fat seals to munch on.

AndKite
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, waves

Postby AndKite » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Thor SFBay wrote: I wouldn't pee in my wetsuit either if I weren't in the water. If you are in the water, the urine doesn't stay around long enough to cause rashes or get infected with bacteria. Obviously that's not the case if you just stand on the beach and let it flow. But please provide proof that urine attracts sharks. I can't find any studies that prove that. Surfers float around in the water looking like seals and pee in their wetsuits all the time and still people rarely get bitten. Heck, I got hit by my fin 6 months ago and bled into the water and no sharks showed up. And that was in the Red Triangle. Sharks mostly don't want to eat boney-assed humans when there are nice fat seals to munch on.
I started a thread about the exact same subject a while back, and there was someone posting about sharks and urine in it. That is the only reference i have, so i cannot provide any scientifical proof other than that.

Here is the link

Regardless of sharks, surfers, flushing of water or not, i do not like the idea of peeing on myself and will not do it. until the zipper comes along I will become annoyed, then take of my wetsuit and pee.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 pm

For me it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to wiz... kite in, land kite, secure it, take off pfd, harness, top half of suit, wiz :lol: ... I don't mind doing it cause I'd be coming in for some water and food anyway.

That's for cold temperatures... a bit quicker in warm conditions but not much.

You don't want to wiz in a semi-dry or steamer suit IMO... they don't let water in quick enough to rinse the inside good unless you want to body drag for a bit maybe then it'll rinse properly.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 am

AndKite wrote:Urine is sterile when it leaves the body. Then it becomes a perfect bacteria plantation.

Urine against the skin is not good, causes rashes.

Urine attracts sharks better than blood.

Anyone working with kitesurfing (me for example) dont want to stand around all day in a wetsuit full of pee, and we are not always in the water to rinse it out. Might be a bit strange to suddenly walk out into waist deep water in front of students and suddenly get a very relieved look on your face...

Ok, zipper might be a feature only for a small group, but that small group really wants it. And what if you had one? wouldn't you use it?
That's all fascinating, especially the fear of sharks. First, the couple hours you spend in a wetsuit will not give you diaper rash from a little piss in the suit, that begins getting washed out the second you let it go. Second, you won't be standing around in a wetsuit full of pee unless you strap your ankles tight enough to cut off the blood supply and the legs have no vents. If I had a zipper, I might use it, as I'm cruising across the bay, because I'm certainly not going to go through the trouble to come in and land my kite, unless I had to take a crap really bad, and I don't think the zipper would cover that particular scenario. :lol:

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Clew In wrote:That problem has been solved long ago:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2355444
Holy crap...I missed that thread! :lol:

The only thing funnier than this concept....

Is the quote that came after it;

"Also, do ya think you could you install me a coffee can in the backside of my 3/2? :bye:"

tilmann
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: St.Peter-Ording
Style: highspeedcarving
Gear: highspeedcarving board + 7m Slingshot Machine
Brand Affiliation: www.highspeedcarving.com

Postby tilmann » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

it´s not funny - it works perfectly for more than 12 years now :cool2: :thumb:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

tilmann wrote:it´s not funny - it works perfectly for more than 12 years now :cool2: :thumb:
What, the coffee can? :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”