Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

One Pump System in all kites should disappear!

Forum for kitesurfers
zob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
MBS Pro90

Re: One Pump System in all kites should disappear!

Postby zob » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 am

I owned a few Naish kites in the past (still selling 07 Raven 14m2 and 08 Alliance 10 m2).
The only issue I had, when crashing the kite hard (I pumped it to the max, especially sigmas), was some internal leakage. I mean when I deflated the main tube some struts also deflated (this can also be due to some sand blockig the valve, preventing it from complete closing). I fixed it by simply reassembling the conection.
Sure it is hard the first time due to a small opening and blind operation, but once you are aware how the parts are assembled, you have no problem doing it blind. Naish also suggest applying a couple of threads of plumbing tape on the male part of the valve, but it worked for me withou it.
Naish's user manual instructs you through this procedure very clearly, although I admit I was avoiding this until I had a friend assisting me for the first time, I still had to do it blind, but it helped me loosing fear from repairing it. Such a silly concern :lol:

p.s.: Naish enlargened the openings few seasons back :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”