sotheysay
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2012 Liquid Force Influence

Postby sotheysay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 am

Hey guys,

I just got a set of LF Synergy boots and need a new board to fit the boots since my last board is the '05 LF Element.

How does the influence ride behind the cable? I know the DLX would be better for that but I want something without too much rocker and a little more flex for kiting.

How does it ride finless? Looks as though it'd be super slippery without channels. Should I just man up and get the dlx?

Any other ideas? Need something relatively cheap and in North America. Must ride at least OK at the cable. Also, would these boots fit all brands nowadays? It's 6 inch spacing.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade

Re: 2012 Liquid Force Influence

Postby Motion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

Both will suck behind the cable. DLX will suck a bit less. DLX does not have that much rocker. Iis ferly quick compare to some more rokerd board. If this to are your only options than go with DLX. Otherwise consider the POP. Probably the best cross over board.

sotheysay
Rare Poster

Re: 2012 Liquid Force Influence

Postby sotheysay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 am

Motion wrote:Both will suck behind the cable. DLX will suck a bit less. DLX does not have that much rocker. Iis ferly quick compare to some more rokerd board. If this to are your only options than go with DLX. Otherwise consider the POP. Probably the best cross over board.
Yeah, I'd love the Pop but it's a little out of my price range right now.

I need something that I love behind a kite and gets the job done at the cable since I only get to cable a couple times a year.

Any other options?

Return to “Kitesurfing”