Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The biggest tube kite on the market, 21 mts

Postby lude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 am

What a kite!!

How does the xlw compare to the zephyr?
I've flown the zephyr a couple of times, and truly loved being on the water full powered (with my 95kg), when everybody is sinussing or packing up their gear.

Furthermore, I did not hear anything about unhooking performance. Is that fun on a machine like this? (I reckon it's like being on a wakeboarding cable?)

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 am

lude wrote:How does the xlw compare to the zephyr?
I would also be very interested in such comparison. Judging from the size, the 21m is a step further in the light wind realm. There are few things that I do not like about Zephyr: in light wind it becomes really slow-turning, it is also hard to relaunch if the wind is light and one is in deep water. I understand Zeeko has a system that helps relaunching. So very interested if somebody can give a real-life feedback.

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 pm

I don't know about the comparison but one of my students had a Zeeko 12 meter. I was interested to check it out so we attempted to use it for the lesson. Well we ended up having to reschedule because it could not stay aloft in such light winds. However that relaunch line helped us get the kite into relaunch positino and in the air in no time, whilst my fellow instructors teaching on 12 m switchblades had to trek over to the kite and manually flip them and toss them into the air. Unfortunate we were made to try to teach that day but I was fortunate to test out that ERA line I think they call it. It works like a charm, hopefully works as wel on the bigger kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”