Brand Affiliation: None.

Extreme Kiteboarder Ruben Lenten signs with Best

Postby Toby » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Best News:

Extreme Kiteboarder Ruben Lenten signs with Best Kiteboarding

ruben best.jpg
Photo © Ydwer.com
Extreme Kiteboarding

As the first weekend of the 2013 Redbull King Of The Air gets underway in South Africa BEST Kiteboarding are proud to announce the addition of extreme kiteboarder Ruben Lenten to their international team. Famous for throwing huge air, topped with mega loops guaranteed to set the heart of every spectator racing Ruben is acknowledged as the master of extreme kiting.

CEO at BEST Sebastian Heitmann stated “BEST Kiteboarding is incredibly proud to make this next step for our sport. With Ruben Lenten we will push extreme kiteboarding to the next level and are happy to partner with such a great sports icon who we know will challenge our R&D team to new heights. LEN10 rides with us so stay tuned because the excitement is just about to start!”

We caught up with Ruben this morning before he hit the water and asked him to sum up what this new deal means for him and kiting in general. “All days are good, some are just better. Just like this one. I have found the right partner to push extreme kiteboarding to the next level. Stoked with my new partner in ‘crime’, Best Kiteboarding.

First of all I would like to thank Slingshot for all their support over the past 10 years. It’s been an absolute blast to ride and work with you guys. Thanks for all the experiences that I will never forget and also for helping me explore the limits of kiteboarding.

Now the time has come to move on and continue to follow my vision. My passion for kiteboarding is big, it’s my life and this partnership allows me to raise the bar of extreme kiteboarding even higher.

At the highest level of sports and in the strongest conditions there is a strong demand for high quality products. That’s why LEN10 likes to team up with companies that have a similar vision and want to put the time, effort and money into accomplishing it. Quality is essential to feel safe on the water and in the air. In order to push the limits of your body and sport you need to feel comfortable. This comfort comes from the performance of the kite and all other gear. In my opinion there are very few products that make riders feel comfortable enough to go as big as they would like. Not because they can’t but simply because the products won’t let them. That’s a shame because I feel extreme kiteboarding is the discipline that keeps our sport hardcore and spectacular.

Best Kiteboarding and LEN10 will be working closely together to create the ‘best’ products for the rider that wants to ride hard with us!

I can’t wait to get started and will keep you updated on the progress and testing of our new products.”

Return to “Kitesurfing”