Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

So what are you working on?

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

So what are you working on?

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 pm

To me to keep kiteboarding interesting I need to try new things, and I think one of the best ways of making sure I keep on trying things, is to tell people what I am trying to do. You add your under. Then we'll reevaluate after the summer.

So here goes:

Strapless:
I am not sure what to call these but...
I want to consistently land no grab front rolls. I've landed a few, but nothing consistent.
I also want to be able to do a strapless surface rotation of the top of a wave

Racing: Much faster tacks. If I could gain more upwind ground in the tacks and then go right back into the straps it would make it much much better.

TT: add more style to the darkslide. I am not sure why I like floaty rotations and darkslide so much. They just feel great. Maybe add a jesus walk or something like that (it is super shallow where I ride). Still thinking about this.

Foilboard: strapless tacks while hovering
Last edited by tautologies on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redman333
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Wilmington, NC USA
Style: unknown yet
Gear: Looking to pick some up
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So what are you working on?

Postby redman333 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Ill play: as of right now i have a board, 12m lei kite, harness, and now a wetsuit needed right now its 50 degree water and will be until probably may time frame. I have been flying a trainer for about 2 months and have had quite a bit of practice and learning experiences.

What im learning, with the assistance of a local instructor how to body drag on my full size very soon and then get up and riding.

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:30 pm

redman333 wrote:Ill play: as of right now i have a board, 12m lei kite, harness, and now a wetsuit needed right now its 50 degree water and will be until probably may time frame. I have been flying a trainer for about 2 months and have had quite a bit of practice and learning experiences.

What im learning, with the assistance of a local instructor how to body drag on my full size very soon and then get up and riding.
Fly that trainer till you are bored as hell, then do it without watching it. It will pay off in the lesson

I've been working on darkslides, I had tried to commit a bunch towards the end of summer and had success in different parts of the trick. Didn't land any until this winter, had 28 meter lines on a day where the wind was building, had so much time to send the kite. I rode away from two at Kite Point the other day, super stoked. I hope I can get consistent and start going the other way, but I don't know if my knee will like that direction. Also working on dialing in my handle passes, super pain in the ass with thick booties and gloves on with number fingers!
Also kiteloops are on the list.

Strapless, working on 180 ollies, riding more aggressively in my switch stance. In the surf, trying to work the wave more. Also would like to learn those floaty front rolls and get the hang of roll tacking. Did one sloppy, attempted about 50 so far this winter, tired of dunking in the cold water.

I got barreled in my dream last night, also wiped out but kept my kite up by looping the crap out of it. (too much time on the forum)

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Hmmmm....

unhooked back to blind
blind judge 3
landing s-bends more consistently

we're in the spring season now though, so i'm throwing everything off kickers unless I do them switch. makes everything a little more intense :/

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm

i'm working on spending more time on the water and less on the forum
but it's not working yet. i'll get soon, though....

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm working on putting a grin on my face! the bigger the grin the better i have achieved my goal.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:43 pm

knotwindy wrote:i'm working on spending more time on the water and less on the forum
but it's not working yet. i'll get soon, though....
Good one :thumb:
Actually in the past 7 days i have spent equal time on water than on KF :lol:
About 1.5 hrs a day....mostly as you know ...on the ever popular/addictive BS thread :wink:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm

I have an inspiration for you... www.airstyle.tv :thumb:

danglemonkey
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cornwall, UK
Style: Freestyle, Wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo, Shinn

Postby danglemonkey » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm trying to do my first darkslides but keep loosing my board. I'm not sure if its my technique... But I'm pretty sure the thick booties aren't helping. Anyone else have a problem doing these in booties? Also slowly building up my bottle from heli-loops to trying to do proper loops and incorporating tricks.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

plummet wrote:I'm working on putting a grin on my face! the bigger the grin the better i have achieved my goal.
Got it exactly the same way !

Trying something new now and then, yes - but not a goal, simply a tool for getting this big grin on my face and shouting YAHOOOO out there :rollgrin:

Other times it is simply to do what you like the most and do the best, that makes a "hole in one" for you :thumb:

:D Peter

Return to “Kitesurfing”