Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: 14 m for big lofty jump

Postby Westozzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am

Very true T one but apparently (I made a post on Seabreeze, the Aussie forum) the 2013 rebel is much more higher aspect, less grunty and does require the use of more apparent wind. Some of the older rebel riders have said it is less grunty, some gutless, but that is just adjusting to a more flatter profile.

I'd be very interested to see just how close the rebel has got in 2013 myself before I make anymore assumptions.

As I said in the end it comes down to how each rider likes the power to be delivered. The feel of north versus the feel of ozone. I suppose its a preference thing. Me I just can't go past the smoothness and glide of the edge, regardless of talk regarding comparable height.

Don Lester
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Is.
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is. Ca.
Los Barriles, Mx
Style: All
Gear: TT, Surf, Foil

Postby Don Lester » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:02 pm

As I said earlier .......... It's more a matter of your style of riding..........

The Edge is probably the best kite for straight line riding, fast, smooth, great jumping, etc.

The New Rebel is close in those attributes and superior at Freestyl'in...........( turning, looping, wave riding, relaunching )........ Get it !...........your choice.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Relax bud! I get it! I tried kiteloops on the 10 edge on sunday in a gusty 15-20 knots and it doesnt loop well. Saying that i was looping a 7m c4 in upwards of 40 knots the day before so it never was gonna be as good...

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Relax bud! I get it! I tried kiteloops on the 10 edge on sunday in a gusty 15-20 knots and it doesnt loop well. Saying that i was looping a 7m c4 in upwards of 40 knots the day before so it never was gonna be as good...

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Funny looping the rebel never agreed with me. looping the edge I found easier as you can control the pull and speed of the loop midway. Rebel used to just pull and spank me every time.

Yep depends on the rider for sure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”